Free Fall Walleye Livestream with Dusty Minke Tonight at 8pm

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dusty Minke (NWT pro) is doing a free livestream on Virtual Angling with Jason Mitchell at 8 pm tonight talking about late fall walleye tactics. Don’t have to be a member, don’t have to give your email, can just go to the Virtual Angling web site, or download the app for free and watch it on your phone.

Live Tonight at 8:00PM CDT – Jason Mitchell & Dusty Minke

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Fall walleye fishing is like taking candy from a baby, even a bass fisherman can do it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Fall <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye fishing is like taking candy from a baby, even a bass fisherman can do it.

This is a bass fisherman checking in, and I confirm this is true

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>
    Fall <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye fishing is like taking candy from a baby, even a bass fisherman can do it.

This is a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass fisherman checking in, and I confirm this is true

What tactic is working so well right now that makes it so easy? Genuine question, when fall has come around I am usually to busy hunting or getting ready for that where I want to get out fishing more, but don’t. Are you guys having luck tossing crankbaits at the shore lines or shallow trolling or have another tactic entirely?

ganderpike
    Alexandria

It’s final then – Lets put some money on it. IDO bass fishermen vs. walleye fishermen on a bite of the bass fishermen’s choosing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You guys are a tough crowd to joke with.
    But this was 1 hour last night from shore. Jig and plastic. We were looking for a quick meal. To go with venison. Left the house at 430 and was hone by 615

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231012_115758_Messages.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s final then – Lets put some money on it. IDO <em class=”ido-tag-em”>bass fishermen vs. <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye fishermen on a bite of the bass fishermen’s choosing.

Chisago lake. I’ll go with 100 dollar bill. I’ll probably loose it but I’m willing to try

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I’ve never understood this comment. Have you every taken candy from a baby? They have the grip of 300lb madman and cry uncontrollably. That’s not something I plan to even consider.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

But this was 1 hour last night from shore. Jig and plastic. We were looking for a quick meal. To go with venison. Left the house at 430 and was hone by 615

Smart money says that was at 7:15 on Oct 8;

Lol you’d take my money on Chisago. I would like to see this challenge though. All good here

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It’s final then – Lets put some money on it. IDO <em class=”ido-tag-em”>bass fishermen vs. <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye fishermen on a bite of the bass fishermen’s choosing.

I fish for everything but consider myself a walleye fisherman first. This would be fun. Bass guys can even use live bait. I hear there’s apparently no skill involved in using live bait.
    Anytime, anywhere.
    Ron, let’s try it out on chisago this weekend! You’re going down!! rotflol toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I fish for everything but consider myself a walleye fisherman first. This would be fun. Bass guys can even use live bait. I hear there’s apparently no skill involved in using live bait.
    Anytime, anywhere.
    Ron, let’s try it out on chisago this weekend! You’re going down!!

If we’re in the same boat how does that work. I’m game.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Lol you’d take my money on Chisago. I would like to see this challenge though. All good here

Haha, nice catch on the date/time.

On another note, I’ve never really understood why people say fishing for walleye in the fall is so much easier. I personally think there’s no dramatic difference in catch rate on walleye throughout the open water season. If you’re not catching walleye in July, then there’s likely no fish to be had in the area you are fishing. I’ve had some of my best big fish days in the middle of July. I like fishing in the fall due to the cooler temps and less pleasure traffic on the water.

Can fish be more scattered at different times of the year, sure, but that doesn’t mean they’re harder to catch.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

715 was dinner time and time to show off to my buddy.
    I do enjoy a fun friendly tournament and would be up for it any time. I can’t remember where you are located but I would take a neutral lake that we can agree on. Team of 2 ? Grubson and I, you and a team member of your choice. 50 bucks a head ? All friendly competition for fun

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

On another note, I’ve never really understood why people say fishing for walleye in the fall is so much easier. I personally think there’s no dramatic difference in catch rate on walleye throughout the open water season. If you’re not catching walleye in July, then there’s likely no fish to be had in the area you are fishing. I’ve had some of my best big fish days in the middle of July. I like fishing in the fall due to the cooler temps and less pleasure traffic on the water.

Can fish be more scattered at different times of the year, sure, but that doesn’t mean they’re harder to catch.
    [/quote]

I seem to struggle way more during warm weather months after mid June. Come back to this time of year and I seem to do much better. It could be a tactics thing, a staging thing I’m not sure. I’m no expert by any means. But I do know my success rate goes way up in the fall.

And back to the op. Sorry for going on the side track. If I’m free at that time I’ll try and catch the seminar.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I seem to struggle way more during warm weather months after mid June. Come back to this time of year and I seem to do much better. It could be a tactics thing, a staging thing I’m not sure. I’m no expert by any means. But I do know my success rate goes way up in the fall.

And back to the op. Sorry for going on the side track. If I’m free at that time I’ll try and catch the seminar.
    [/quote]

This post was made yesterday Bearcat and the Livestream was last night, FYI

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well dang.
    Was it good rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It was, quite a few people turned out and a lot of good discussion and tips.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

You should get buttercup on one jester

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Partner and I finished one spot behind Minke and Kvalevog on Gull last Saturday. A bit of luck on our part I’ll admit, but it was fun to compete with a number of pros.
    As far as fall walleye, I’d say I find it easier to locate and catch fish in the fall on the lakes I frequent. Similar to spring IMO.

Ripjiggen

Fall is not about catch rate for walleye or bass for me. It is some of the highest of the year, but big fish for both is my drug over pulling the trigger.

Snake ii’s

Dusty Minke sounds like a stripper name.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.