Frabill Heavy duty rod locker

• troutbum
    St. Paul

Waffling between the Otter and the Frabill. They both seem well built. Im not a fan of otters fixed handle. Anyone have the frabill?

Nathan Bayerl

I bought the frabill over the otter for a few reasons. First was the handle, I did not like the big non folding handle on the otter. I liked the frabill folding handle better which works better all around for me (storage in the garage,traveling and in my portable), it makes the case a little more comapct even though they are big cases. Second was the latch’s on the otter box’s, a couple otter cases I looked at they seemed loose and didn’t really work well. The frabill has a bunch more which can be a little more work, but when you hear them snap and you got that second pop you know you are not going to have it open up and loose any expensive rods. Lastly why I liked the frabill was the two removable and adjustable foam sheets in the case. I removed the foam pieces and put a piece of felt over the plastic which would be inside the case on the bottom and then put the bottom piece of foam back in. I then set 4 combos on the top of the foam and removed a few foam pieces so the handle knobs could fall in those areas. I then set the second piece of foam on top of there and did the same. I think overall I have 12 combos in. Don’t get me wrong otter is a great product and this is just my 2 cents. I’m not a name brand individual there are certain things I like and buy and there are things I steer away from. I do my research and keep up on things and try to look at stuff before I buy. I think you would enjoy both products and they are both great products.

Cody O’Reilley
    Maple Grove, MN

have the frabill case. great case do not need to fold down reel handles, even on inline reels. can fit quite a few rods in it too

Brennon Nielson

i have the Frabill case also and have 6 rods in there all with inline reels including a 40″ TUCR LTP with an eagle claw magnum inline reel. love the case! cheaper than the otter but i dont think that it is lacking in quality compared to the otter. love the customizable foam i also take pieces out for the reel handles and knobs so that my rods all have a set place in the case.

Brennon Nielson

Here is my case with 6 rods

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160903_142813.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

B N – nice set up my man!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I also have the frabil, agree with everything said so far!^^^^

If shorter is better, the 36″ Plano tactical cases are nice too. Pretty much the same case.

Brennon Nielson

B N – nice set up my man!

Thanks man its taken a while to grt it where I want it but bow it’s there. Just put a 13 fishing freefall on my Tucr precision that is without a reel in the pic. Can’t wait to get her on the ice to try!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.