Floating ice fishing suits

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yep. I wear them under my bibs. I’m 5’11, 190 and wear a large and have some room. Still layer underneath but those suckers are warm. And windproof. I’m wearing it in my profile picture under my bibs.

Chris Swatin

I used my Striker Climate bibs and jacket for the first time this weekend. It is no bulkier than the Cabelas Goretex pro guide bibs and jacket setup and they of course float. I love the pocket configuration and found them to fit just right. I went large top and bottom, I’m 6’0, 178lbs. Perfect size for me. Very happy with the build quality and features.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Cabela’s just put Striker Trekker bibs on sale for $130. Picked up the Trekker parka during FF Black Friday for $120.

Haven’t tried them yet, hoping they will be warm enough for cold nasty days. Am pleased that they both float. For that price, can’t go too far wrong.

Pete

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>
    I have a set of Striker Hardwater a bit bulky but they are great .

I have a set of Striker Hardwater. A bit bulky, extremely heavy, and I almost never wear them. I wear Predator bibs and a down puffy jacket 90% of the time.

Last couple years I’ve ditched the float suit and wear an inflatable pfd for early/late ice. It’s amazing the amount of weird looks I get from guys sweating their balls off in float suits.

Hey ,as long as deploys! I know i sweat in those Hard waters setting up a HUB or drilling out a grid in 18 inches of snow !

Striker is the best, hands down. If the jacket gets too warm take it off. There is no weather that the striker gear can’t handle. The only reason that I use a shanty is to keep the hole from freezing, the line from freezing and the wind from blowing my line side ways. I was fishing a southern Wisconsin lake in the spring. Got up to about 60 degrees with a hot sun. We were catching crappie in about 15 feet of water and the ice was barely 4 inches and melting fast. The 3 guys that I was fishing with all had the striker floating suits and were cool as a cucumber. I was stressed out and went to fleet and farm as soon as I got off the ice. Wouldn’t ice fish without it.

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

on nicer days I wear my Clam Rise suit and the colder days I go to my Clam Ascent suit. Both have been good suits. also had the first generation striker suit and a Clam lift suit but have since sold them to a friend.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.