Next Summer…

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

let’s see if we can get this forum a little more action. brooktrout’s post about reporting on the Hayward area got me going a little. There are some awesome areas to fish in Northern ‘Sconni. The Flambeau is one of the best smallie/muskie fisheries I’ve ever been on. Some nice ‘eyes to be had in the Spring also.
    If you’ve never had a 40″ plus river muskie on in a canoe while your buddy is negotiating some whitewater, well you’ve never lived! I’m going to contact a buddy of mine who runs guided river trips outside of Butternut to see if he can add a few repos.
    If you fish it next year give us a few updates. If’n we don’t use this forum it may go away.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

As close as I set foot by the Flam was at Flaters Bar, where it meets the mighty Chip.

spaceman
    Cudahy,WI

You guys are closer to hitting the flambeau than I am but I am planning a trip for the middle of October. Its a toss up now but the choices are Oxbo to Hwy W, lauching, fishing and taking out at Hervas Landing or Hwy M to Little Falls on the South Fork. targeting smallies(if its not too cold),sturgeon and musky. can’t wait less than 6 months away !!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I think SteveO is on the the North Fork just below the Turtle Flambeau Resevoir. Great section of the river to fish. I floated it with the famous Mr. Robinson many years ago. Good luck to all of you who fish it!!! I think the guided trips are out of a bar/tavern (Middle Bar) on FF east of Butternut.

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

the Midway runs trips from the flowage on down. the stretch i fish out of canoes is from 9 Mile Tavern down to Dead Man’s or sometimes we go all the way to Oxbo. it’s all good. Heading to the Flowage for opener and doing the river in July and August.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

When are you coming up??? We are planning on fishing the TFF a couple of times this spring now that I have a more realistic job with hours that allow for a FULL day and half off!!! I still am not sure what I am doing for the opener as I have a turkey tag in Trempeauleau, but after the road limits came off, we have been busy installing fireplaces, so I am not sure if I will make it down south. Perhaps we might get to meet, fish or have a beer!!!

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Mark
    you have mail. I’m fishing the opener at the home of the Flambeau River the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage. Great walleye water and quickly being known as a fantastic smallmouth fishery. (much to the disdain of the local walldad chasers)
    Chasing primarily walleye but the crappie and jumbo perch fishing is awesome also.
    Mark, what do you hear on water levels up there?

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Water levels are down some, but we just installed a fireplace on the north end just past Fisherman’s Landing and if I had to guess I would say 3′ down, maybe four.

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

opener was great. three of us all limited out on Sat and 1 fish short of a 3 man limit on Sunday. That’s a great walleye fishery. Even got a couple of bonus football smallies. those, of course, were returned. the walleye weren’t.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Gotta get that first time fish fry, Release ’em into the grease!!!

Mark

spaceman
    Cudahy,WI

for what its worth I have a friend who grew up in Fifield and used to guide on the north fork in the 70’s. He swore by june bug spinners(white blade, red stripe) and fat head minnows for all species of fish here. He used to carry ALL his tackle in just his shirt pocket.
    Dan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.