Venison soup recipe

• philput
    Knoxville, IL.

hey guys need some help!! Buddy of mine is wanting me to bring some venison vegetable soup to deer camp next weekend…looking for some help…thought maybe someone out there might have a good recipe….tons on the net but nothing catching my eye. thanx!!

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I use 2-3 lbs cubed venison chunks browned with 2 onions, 2 quarts beef stock, add (chopped) 4 carrots, 2 parsnips, 2 turnips, 2 cups celery, 1lb fresh green beans, 1 can garbanzo beans, 1 can stewed tomato’s, 1 can tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, thyme, basil, 2 bay leaves, add water if needed. Simmer for at least 2 hours then add 1/2 cup barley and 1/2 cup Acini Di Pepe pasta.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Now that is one hell of a soup! When are you going to be in Grand Rapids, MI so I can get some of that? I will have to try that myself. My brother just got a deer and is looking for a good way to cook it to impress his g/f. I am all over that. Thanks.

wilson1984

Quote:

I use 2-3 lbs cubed venison chunks browned with 2 onions, 2 quarts beef stock, add (chopped) 4 carrots, 2 parsnips, 2 turnips, 2 cups celery, 1lb fresh green beans, 1 can garbanzo beans, 1 can stewed tomato’s, 1 can tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, thyme, basil, 2 bay leaves, add water if needed. Simmer for at least 2 hours then add 1/2 cup barley and 1/2 cup Acini Di Pepe pasta.

Sounds great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.