Pig Feet

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone ever make there own pickled pig feet? My mother in law has shown up for xmas and she was talking about this today. Guess as a kid when they butchered hogs they made these and faught over them. I have had my share of pickled pigs feet at bars up nort but they seem to be hard to come by now. I know you can buy a small jar of them at the store but these dont even compare to the ones we would get in the bar.

Anyone make there own?

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

May be the “sauce” at the bar just makes them taste better?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hey Mike,

I have had good and bad PPF. You find a good one and I’ll join ya!

We do a pretty good ham hock and black beans.

Pretty much agree with Anthony Bourdaine. There is not a bad part of a pig!

-J.

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Seeing this post just reminded me of a old Archie Bunker clip of Archie asking Meathead what he was eating & why he would he eat anything that came from a cows mouth (ie) tounge.Archie says,Edith can you make me a couple eggs. Thanks for the PPF recipies ederd.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Some liquor stores (Chicones in Hudson) sell them in small jars, Super Walmarts have at times along with Penrose hot sausages (try them).

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have seen them in the grocery store. The ones in the small jars seem to be mostly fat and skin. Guess there are people that like this part but not for me. If anyone comes across some good meaty ones let us know other wise maybe Ill have to try to make some.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.