Fishing – The Original Social Distancing

• Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

We can all look on the bright side – Fishing is THE Original Social Distancing, and our sport isn’t going to be affected much.

This is a good chance to get the kids outside and explore nature and maybe wet a line with the kids and your relatives…reconnect.

Turk

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I like the concept, and think I will!

mike e

Have you ever been fishing? One of the first things Grandad taught me is- keep your rod tip down!(yelled quietly). Heard many stories of lures bounced off boats, snagged anchor ropes, etc.

The 10 foot ice shelter law doesn’t even meet the max “social distance”

Now that I’ve dwelled on this, fishing is quite possibly my earliest example of “sheeple”. I hope someone is squirming over past actions on the water right now.

catmando
    wis

Fishing 1000 acre lake out of the front door out of the truck, guy pulls up fishes by my back door, oh well! true story, that part of lake no one else around.Mad nope just drove 50 yard away! LOL!

Deuces

Well said Turk!

Not a person within 200yds of me right now woot probably about the same for a sucker bawling

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200316_100510606.jpg

zooks

While I agree that outdoor sports are a great way to promote social distancing, one has to be careful who you let in the boat – every new person/relative outside of your immediate family can be a new transmission vector going both ways, very easy to accelerate spread that way.

Sorry if that’s being a wet blanket but it’s very important that it’s done properly because half measures don’t fix anything. I do know I’ll be taking my family on all sorts of walks, hikes, bike rides, and fishing outings over the next few weeks; sunshine and fresh air are great anti-septics, good for the body and the soul.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Well said, zooks. Here’s hoping the state parks remain open in the coming weeks/months

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.