Finally got my daughter on the ice!

• Bryan Myers

It took till yesterday to finally get the time and weather to get my 2 year old out on the ice with me this year. She wasnt too concerned with catching fish but she sure had fun. Between riding on the wheeler, watching the camera, cleaning out holes and playing in the snow she had a blast. She did catch a couple fish “herself” but said I was crabby when fish would come through and we didn’t catch them. At the end of the day I had to bribe her to go home which its normaly me being forced to leave, my times have changed!

Attachments:
    1. image87.jpg

2. image88.jpg

3. image86.jpg

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Very cool Bryan! Thanks for sharing.

Fisherpaul

Nice! My oldest is 1 and a half and won’t let me touch the pole. He has to do it by his self. I’m hoping to get him out yet this year on the ice for the first time. Those are great pictures!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane Brian…. waytogo
    My “little girl” is 36yrs old now and remember when she first went out with dad…. smile
    You will remember this forever…… applause

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

That’s awesome! Man, I never thought I’d love fishing with my little ones as much as I do, but I always get at least as much enjoyment out of it as they do! Way to go Dad! woot

drewbop
    Duluth

I have a 13 month old daughter and look forward to the day I can bring her along on a fishing trip. I hope she catches the bug like your daughter seemed to!

hamms
    Mn

Awesome! Positive experience out there means more ice time.

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Great photos Bryan. Thanks for sharing. Always great to see kids in the outdoors.

Rick Thelin

Nothing better than fishing with your kids. And now grandkids. One of my favorite ice fishing memories was watching my son slide a big walleye back down the hole and having it splash water all over him. He was 10 at the time and now he is 25. It is so nice to see a dad spend time on the water with his kids. My hats off to you Bryan. I truly believe that the quality time you spend with your kids now comes back to you as they get older. Again thumbs up to you Bryan.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.