feel kinda lost……..

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m so sorry Glenn

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So sorry to hear this Glenn, thinking of you bud!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I’m sorry for your loss. My condolences Glenn.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Condolences and prayers to you and your family and friends. No one can take your pain away. I pray that someday you will wake up and able able to carry it around with you.

When my Mom passed I learned 2 things. Prolonged illness is a way to prepare the rest of us. It’s a blessing and a curse at the same instant.

LabDaddy1

I’m sorry, Glenn. My heart goes out to you. I’m still dealing with the loss of my mom last fall.

You’ve got a huge team on your side here on IDO and I’m sure elsewhere too.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Sorry for you loss. Both my mother and Father are gone. I still think about and miss them often.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Sorry Glenn. That’s not easy no matter their age or condition. Prayers for you and your family.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hey thanks a big bunch everyone. Means a lot to me peace waytogo

Started looking at all her things today, my brain is fried right now. And ALL the stuff!! UFFDA! doah

B-man

Dang Glenn, sorry to hear the news

robby
    Quad Cities

Thoughts and prayers Sir.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Haven’t been on the site for a few days and just seeing this now.
    Thoughts and prayers sent your way, Glenn. There’s no race in going through her things. Take it at your own pace.

jwellsy

My condolences for your loss.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Thanks gentleman!!

Ripjiggen

Thoughts and prayers Glenn.

Erik Swenson

Sincere condolences Glenn. If you’re feeling lost, remember that she’s still with you in memories and things she taught you.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

Sorry for your loss Glenn. I’ve recently loss my dad and the grief hits you when you least expect it. Hang in there and remember all the good times, memories, and blessings you have shared.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

again thanks everyone. waytogo waytogo wake is tomorrow funeral is wed. she requested to be cremated. been to cremation funerals, and i dont get a sense of closure, not sure how i’m going to react. my day was buried the traditional way, so i know what her thought process was, she seen all these people looking at him and didnt want nuttin to do with that!!!!!

CaptainMusky

SOrry for the loss Glenn! I lost my mom last year in August. It was really hard to deal with down to the end. It doesnt get easier, you just end up coping with it. She fought hard but Cancer ended up getting her in the end. I was there the day she died, but left an hour before hit happened and kicked myself for leaving. I had no idea that day was going to be the day, but it still beats me up. It ended up being the birthday for her oldest and youngest grandsons. Which is kinda cool and sad at the same time. Take care buddy!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Agree with your sense of closure, my mom was cremated and I felt the same way. You saying she wouldn’t want everyone looking at her made me laugh. I bet she was a very cool person Glenn. Keep those memories in your heart.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

I feel for you on the cremation thing and closure. Dad died 7 weeks ago and wanted to be cremated. Mom struggled with his decision and in the end honored his wish. He died in a tractor accident and we went and saw his body to try to get some closure from that. Honestly, I don’t have it and doesn’t feel like I ever will.

It will hit you when everyday things come up and you think “I should ask mom/dad about that”

Sorry Glenn, Know she isn’t in any pain and wouldn’t want you to be hurting.

You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Moms grandkids asked if I would make grasshoppers in honor of grandma. It’s pretty much a tradition at holidays!! waytogo

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20230710_204624751-scaled.jpg

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Moms grandkids asked if I would make grasshoppers in honor of grandma. It’s pretty much a tradition at holidays!! waytogo

Good! You’re on your way to the “new normal”. Ups and downs getting there, but it will happen.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Very weird… last week I had a major craving for a grasshopper… my mom used to make the best ones ever ! She passed in 2007… I hadn’t thought about a grasshopper in years. peace

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Ok guys what in the heck is a grasshopper? shock

glenn57
    cold spring mn

John you need to get out more!! devil rotflol

It’s an after dinner drink. Most recipes call for creme demethe, creme de cacao ice and cream

The way we make it is vanilla ice cream, creme de menthe and some milk. We mix it up in the kitchen aide.

For the young kids mom always used the ice cream and green food coloring so no booze

big_g
    Isle, MN

I always looked forward to the booze in it as a kid !!! (this explains a lot) toast

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I guess so Glenn, never heard of her. jester Ok now I guess I need to try one.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Mom is now resting next to dad. WOW what a rollercoaster of emotions.

Now all the other things that need to be done. crazy

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.