Favorite Podcasts?

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Looking for a few new podcast series to listen to on road trips and while fishing this winter. My son turned me on to Dan Carlin – lot of good WWII episodes and interviews.

Anybody have a favorite?

Thanks

Pete

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jocko Willink has an awesome podcast, and one of the best episodes I’ve ever heard that everyone should listen too. It’s with Papa Jake Larson the last surviving soldier that stormed the beaches of Normandy, and calls himself the Luckiest Man in the World, and he may be right. Just awesome stuff and attitude. I listen to a fair amount of Joe Rogan, not sure how anyone has the time to listen to all of them out there!

In The Dark, Season 1 about the Jacob Wetterling case was really well done and infuriating at the same time, especially as someone Jacobs age and grew up nearby.

Deuces

Hardcore history is fantastic.

Radiolab is also one of my favorites. Gets a little liberal here and there but as a whole completely worth listening to for it’s content.

This American Life can be good.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

Stuff you should know!!! best podcasts

Dan
    Southeast MN

I love podcasts. I listen to the KFAN Power Trip morning show on podcast (it’s good, mindless, random humor and sports coverage for me), otherwise it’s

ShackTalk (ice fishing)

FAN Outdoors (Outdoor stuff)

Wired to Hunt (VERY good hunting podcast IMO)

The Hunting Public (hunting).

Unrestricted with Ben Leber. This is probably my second favorite after the Power Trip morning show. Leber has credibility and insight as a former NFL player and a lot of his talks are football-related but he’s also done podcasts with a doctor on intermittent fasting, a Green Beret, and the most current one is with Andrew Zimmern.

I also occasionally listen to Gleeman and the Geek. They know their damn stuff when talking Twins but since that franchise is awful I don’t listen to that one a whole lot.

Dan Baker

I’ll shamelessly plug my own podcast, The ICEMEN. We talk fishing and other outdoor topics.

IceManBran

Hardcore History is awesome, and goes into incredible detail.

Joe Rogan for his wide range of guests. Really interesting people.

Last Podcast on the Left mixes true crime and comedy. (very dark humor, avoid if easily offended)

hnd

working from home has seriously hit my podcast listening hard so I’ve had to whittle it down quite a bit.

Freakonomics
    Animal Spririts
    Masters in Business
    Short rod show
    Smackdown outdoors

Alex Fox

If you’re into war history and interviews, I would recommend Cleared Hot. Andy Stumpf is a former Seal Team 6 operator but super humble about his experiences, also a wing suit guy, ju jit su guy, hunter, etc. Has a lot of high level guys on there interviewed but also some random interesting people. Also funny as hell.

Reef W

I started listening to Bear Grease to change things up and so far they’ve been interesting.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I listen to Joe Rogan from time to time, but i think Steve Rinella with Meateater has a podcast that i would like to start listening too, but haven’t gotten around to yet.

Sioux

Walleye talk

2 guides from Longville have a weekly podcast during the open water season. They usually review how the bite in the longville/leech area has been and what they’re anticipating for the upcoming week.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Rogan and Jocko as mentioned.

The way Rogan can keep an interview going for 2+ hours and keep it interesting is quite a skill. There’s a reason Spotify paid him a bajillion dollars.

Pitter patter

Spencer Bauer’s podcast “River Certified”

Musky78

Because of my job I listen to incredible amount of podcasts and by far and away the best one I’ve ever listened to is the first season of Cold

ThunderLund78

MeatEater is GREAT – lots of variety, obviously outdoor/conservation-focused but you get history, archeology, humor and music as well. The whole crew is super-relatable. They’ve found the formula for good content. I also believe they do a GREAT job striking a balance between politically for the benefit of hunting, fishing and conservation.

Been listening to “Growing Up Rock” quite a bit lately – All about the 80s and 90s hard-rock, metal and even some 90s grunge – lots of top 10 an ranking-type type-discussions and ripping on bands, too, which I love. I just listened to an episode that was Motley Crue vs Ratt and they tried to break down why Motley Crue enjoyed the success they did while Ratt, probably being the more musically talented band, faded away. It got pretty hilarious.

Nodakk

Rogan depending on the guests
    Jocko podcast is always a good one
    Cleared Hot is as well
    Wired 2 Hunt for hunting
    JMO for fishing
    Drinkin Bros is great for humor and unbiased news
    93X half a$$ morning show podcast when I want background noise

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.