Favorite ice jig of the year?

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I don’t know what it is. I have at least a 1000$ worth of ice fishing spoons, rattle spoons, jigging raps of all kinds, and I always resort to a 1/16oz northland fire ball jig for walleye fishing. For Perch I either use a small rattle spoon with a 4 to 6″ drop hook and a minnow head, a Swedish pimple with the same drop hook set up, or just a tungsten jig with a minnow head. I did start using the true set hooks on my tip ups and rattle reels and do like them so I guess that is new.

James M Brown

I also like the drop kick. I like to use a small fast clip on the line which always centers the jig horizontal and allows for good movement. Theses things hook the fish very well.

Josh Lewis

Jackall tn60 in holo gill or threadfin shad for sure. Fish are starting to get a bit lethargic, but they still get fish in the area. I’ve caught everything the southern end of lake of the woods has except sturgeon on them

Adam Betz

Not a jig but I’m up in big pike country and this year blue and silver or black and silver rattling rap is killing it!

dexknows
    Blackduck, MN / Minneapolis, MN

The VMC Chandelier Jig in Orange Chartreuse has been absolutely killer for me this year. The 1/16 oz has been my go-to crappie lure all season, while the 1/8 and 3/16 oz with up-sized hooks and tipped with a large shiner or rainbow have been great for the ‘eyes. It seems I have had much better hookup rates on lighter biting basin crappies with this jig than with anything else I try (I think due to the perfectly vertical presentation it provides). Other colors have been okay, but for me at least, the orange chartreuse has been the go-to across the board.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.