Fall Campaign Underway

• Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

One of the best parts about living in the country is all of the critters you get to see. Deer, raccoons, opossum, eagles, hawks and turkeys are all present in abundance.

One of the worst things about living in the country is all of the critters you get to see. In your house. I am currently battling box elder bugs, Asian beetles and mice. And losing!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Box elder bugs are driving me insane this year. Hundred + each day die in my house right now.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

As far as bugs go, I use bug slayer from ace hardware and it works. Mice I have 4 farm cats and still get a random mouse in the trap!!

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Soapy water puts a big dent in the box elder population, but does nothing for the Asian beetles. Does the Bug Slayer work on them?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Soapy water puts a big dent in the box elder population, but does nothing for the Asian beetles. Does the Bug Slayer work on them?

Yes works very well! I used to have a problem but not anymore.I just put it in a one gallon sprayer and spray the perimeter of the buildings and around windows and doors. I’m pretty much bug free now.

Attachments:
    1. E8DC8560-F5E1-4211-8C06-4599A8D55AB4-scaled.jpeg

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

I use Tempo. It comes as concentrate and you mix it in a one gallon sprayer. Spray it around the windows and doors and any place they can get in. If they touch it… it kills them. Box Elder, Asian bettles, spiders, you name it, kills them all. It has residual effect. I spray once in the spring and again in the fall. My garage doors face SW. Box elders will sit on them in droves when the sun shines on them when it starts to get cold. There are piles of dead ones on the ground for a few days in the fall. I spray the entire door surface in the fall!!

404 ERROR
    MN

One of the worst things about living in the country is all of the critters you get to see. In your house. I am currently battling box elder bugs, Asian beetles and mice. And losing!

This is how I expected that sentence to end, being you mentioned fall in the thread title…

One of the worst things about living in the country is all of the critters you see flocking from the cities to see the fall colors. I am currently battling two Chevy Bolts, a Nissan Leaf and an F-150 Lightning driven by a (he/him) with a man bun. And losing!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

now thats darn funny eagle!!!!!!!! rotflol rotflol

i had the boxelder and beetles but not bad this year…….but then again if they entered my proprty there mortality rate was pretty high.

i’m getting plenty of leaf gathering exercise at the moment.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>HardWaterFan wrote:</div>

This is how I expected that sentence to end, being you mentioned fall in the thread title…

One of the worst things about living in the country is all of the critters you see flocking from the cities to see the fall colors. I am currently battling two Chevy Bolts, a Nissan Leaf and an F-150 Lightning driven by a (he/him) with a man bun. And losing!

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

applause

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

with a man bun

I found out if you call them “fancy female ponytails” they get their underwear pulled up to the bun.

I don’t remember the product I used in the past for box elder and Asian beetles but it changed the color of my vinyl brickmold around my windows on the sunny side of my house. It was something with the chemicals reacting with the sun light. So use caution.

For mice I just gave up and got a cat. He must be Garfield’s cousin since we both watch a mouse run across the floor and looked at each other with the “are you going to do something about that?” look. Now I have someone come a spray the outside of my house and shop. I have not had a mouse inside since.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I picked up the Buggslayer and sprayed it around the house this afternoon. I will be interested in the residual effect and the impact on the Asian beetles.

I agree the best option for mice is a cat. But that doesn’t work when your dog hates cats.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Well how were the results?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

So this buggslayer stuff, got me interested. Is it a product that will work to kill bugs after initially spraying??

Guess what I’m asking is so I need to use it every time there is a new crop of boxelder or asian beetles show up.

And where would I get this stuff?

404 ERROR
    MN

Got caught up in a quirky remark and forgot to give my relevant experience. I use Tempo SC on my house and it’s fantastic. Can be used indoors as well. The concentrate is not cheap but do the math, it’s cheaper than most other products on the market. Safe for pets once dry.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I spray once in spring and once in fall and have had good results, i don’t think you can go wrong with either product, bugg slayer or tempo. I use bugg as I can pick it up at my local ace hardware. No staining of trim, leaves a milky residue on windows though.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

There are large piles of dead box elder bugs where I sprayed. I think the Bug slayer worked.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

There are large piles of dead box elder bugs where I sprayed. I think the Bug slayer worked.

👍

queenswake
    NULL

Are the box elders worse during drought years? Because they have been insane these past two years.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.