5A Bombers?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Any of you guys been fishing 5A bombers. They are a good looking lure but my experience with them has been very poor and inconsistent. 1st off trying to troll them just does not seem to work. When ever they hit bottom they start to spin. Speed does not seem to change this at all and river fishing not hitting bottom is not a option.
    2nd attempt was trying to pitch them to shallower wingdams and rocks. Here again a fair number of them just wanted to spin. No good.
    I have been fishing them on 20# P.P. line with a cross lock snap. Wondering if maybe tieing direct may make a difference.

For those of you that are not familiar with Bombers to tell the difference in lures you need to look at the small number code on the packaging. BO5 means its a 5A. BO6 means its a 6A. There is also a 2, 7 and 8.

Any one else been fishing the #5s. There such a good looking bait I keep trying them to see if it is just a few lures or maybe how Im fishing them.

No. Im not sponsored by Pradco. There products just catch a ton of fish for me.
    Bombers

gobbler
    Central, MN

I love the baits for Smallies w/ 10# mono tied direct. If your looking to catch some Eye’s on it, I’m not a fan. I have caught plenty over the years when fan casting but all have been by accident. I don’t troll them at all. And they seem to work best w/ a low-pro baitcast. Hope this helps and good fishing.
    Gobbler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.