The Well Stocked Tacklebox

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Jointed Raps are one of our most consistent producers on the river once the water temps rise into the 70’s. I troll with the regular deep divers most of the spring and early summer bit once june rolls around the jointeds dominate. They have a more agressive action and do pull a little deeper than a regular balsa rap, both attributes that lend them to catching mid-summer eyes.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Of the 3 jointed sizes offered the #4’s and #5’s work well for me. The #7’s have been a poor producer for me personally.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Honestly, has anyone ever had good luck with jointed Raps? I have a bunch of them but haven’t found the niche for them.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Yes I almost always have jointed on one line, usally firetiger

scottsteil
    Central MN

Hot Steel
    Firetiger
    Pearl
    Goldfish (Blue, Silver and Orange) would be here if they still made the old one.

catmando
    wis

shad raps. craw orange belly, hot steel, gold blackback orange belly char white painted orange belly. if i only have 2 choose 4. so very hard.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

I am curious how you guys get the #5 down very deep , are you not fishing them in water over 7ft, or do run them downstream. or do you not worry about getting all the way to the bottom , even with leadcore i cant get them much over 7ft or so .

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.