favorite rod for pulling stickbaits

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I haven’t trolled for awhile but sure had a ball the other night. I used an out of production 6’10” med Lightning rod (trigger stick)that had been in the rafters for a couple seasons (or more). I need to get another for my other line counter reel.
    I noticed James likes a 7’6″ MM TideMaster in the DVD from IDO…I am leaning that way. Any other rods that you have had good success with?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I love the Tidemaster, but I also like the Mr. Walleye Series 8.5′ or the Old Berkley Lightening Road Gary Roach Series telescoping rod. He (Gary Roach) used to desgin this rod for Berkley I bleieve (or at least his name was on it). He broke off the other year and started producing his own. I have a Few Mr. Walleyes and one Berkely yet. I really really like the Berkley one and wish I had about 4 more.

But the Mr.Walleyes are pretty goood for the price. I got a steal on a few Last year for $20 @ Sportsmans Warehouse (I think????).

They are no Tidemaster, but for the price, you can’t go wrong.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I got introduced to the 8’5″ Tidemaster from St. Croix by the guys fishing Mille Lacs and I use them all the time on the river too..and I also use the 9’5″ Wild River Rod with putting 4 rods out of the boat on the river…great rods

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I really like pulling 3-ways and a floater with live bait or stickbaits with a 7ft. St. Croix Premier baitcasting rod. The front rod is a med and the back rod is a med-light action both with fast tip.
    Thanks, Bill

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Yeah, I use a 7 ft st.Crouix reel which is very sensitive so you can feel the littles bites

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

For my outside rods I REALLY like Scheels Outfitter Pro Classic IM7 10 foot rods in medium light action. Can run no 5 Shads and tell if there running clean or step up to a Bomber Long A and the rods handle it great. Got mine on sale for $69.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

St Croix Tidemasters for this guy as well. Best rod on the market for snapping those stickbaits trolling under the Moon

les_welch

Which Tidemaster do you guys like? I am looking to get set-up to run 3 rods out each side. I want them set-up so I can run Offshore’s with tattle tales or just flatline. Is there a rod that would be versatile enough to do both? What lengths would you recommend for the rods from bow to aft, in that order? Thanks for the help guys. WTA

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have 3 Tidemasters in 7-6 medium action. Unbelievable rods for the price! I use them as inside rods when pulling cranks in the summer, and 10’5″ Wild Rivers for pulling boards.

The Tidemasters are great rods for trolling cranks in the fall, and spinners in the summer. These are very versatile rods!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.