Favorite Walleye Water???

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Favorite Body of water I fish now. No question Mille Lacs.

Favorite bodies I want to fish.

Well that gets rather long but in no particular order. LOTW, Rainy, Tobin, Columbia River, Erie, and Pool 4 in the spring with James.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Please, anybody tell me where thats possible?

I’ve done 6 over 28″ on pool 4 in April before. Multiple times. Mille Lacs is another. We’re blessed to have so many quality bodies of water to fish.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I have been fortunate enough to fish some unbelievable bodies of water and it is tough to beat Lake Erie in spring if you are looking for a trophy…..or ten

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Lake Erie would most likely be my number one with Pool 2 taking up second runs as far as my favorite walleye waters to fish. I have yet to experience Lake Erie other than in the spring bite but my curiousity will get to me someday and I will find out!

Pool 2 is one of my favorite bodies of water for several reasons;
    1) It sees very little fishing pressure overall
    2) Walleyes tend to run above average size
    3) The river is always changing, so its hard to get bored of a certain technique or particular bite.

I have had some remarkable days in years past on Pool 2 to keep me coming back. I remember one day in May where we boated about 50 walleyes on a crankbait bite. 20+ of those fish were over 26″.

Lake Tobin would rank as one body of water that I will visit in this lifetime sooner than later!

timmy

My favorite, as I stated earlier is L.O.W., mostly because not only the awesome walleye fishing, but the great opportunity for everything.

Remember – the opportunities in the MN portion are very small compared to the rest of the lake…………..

It is the only lake I know of that you can dictate a species and a technique and go out and catch a trophy…….

Tim

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Quote:

It is the only lake I know of that you can dictate a species and a technique and go out and catch a trophy…….

I think Mille Lacs could be a strong contender to your question of at least for some of the most saught after species, Musky, walleyes, smallies, Northerns.

But you certainly will not get a strong arguement from me. LOW is something very special!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

I think Mille Lacs could be a strong contender to your question of at least for some of the most saught after species, Musky, walleyes, smallies, Northerns.
    But you certainly will not get a strong arguement from me. LOW is something very special!

Both have Trophy Crappies also

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Don’t forget the sturgeon on LOTW either.

Favorite eye water…. Mille Lacs, Erie(spring), Oahe, P4, Sharpe.
    To do list: Tobin, Winnipeg, Columbia, Rainy(spring & fall), Erie(fall)

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

I’m surprised it took so long for the Columbia River to get a mention. I am 15 years & 9 months (give or take) away from my trip out there. I figure I’ll go when my twins turn 18!
    Between now and then, I’ll go with Mille Lacs and P4 tied for first, and Winnie tied with Francis Case for a not-too-distant 2nd.

timmy

Quote:

Quote:

When you factor in the relentless pressure that Mille Lacs gets……….WOW. For that lake to turn out the world class fishing that it does under that type of pressure really blows my mind.

I can not imagine what it would be like if it were 6 hours from a population center like L.O.W. is. Or better yet – put it at the end of a remote Canadian 2-track with a single, crummy landing…

Tim

jld
    Holmen

I would have to go with Lac Seul. The one week I fished it on my first day I stopped counting walleyes after 50 and we threw back at least six fish over 25″ or bettter plus the northern, muskie and smallie fishing is expectional and I get to spend a glorious week in June there again.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

St. Louis…especially from Spirit Lake up

><(((>

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Favorite is Mille Lacs especially in the fall.

Most likely to produce lunker is Bay of Quinte or Tobin for sure. I went to Tobin last Oct. and it was fantastic, but my Dad has been going every year for 25 years catching 10+ lbs lunker eyes and 20 lbs + pike.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.