My State Record Walleye…

• juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

I would have painted specs on it and passed it off as the new state record crappie.

audemp
    Wi

That is an awesome specimen! Our European friends including myself would go nuts over catching one like that. Its a true trophy!

How long did you fight em for?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

yeah, I guess I don’t understand any kind of disappointment or even “ruining of day” with a big fish, no matter the species. I just don’t get it. Matter of fact it makes my day catching big fish like that, including carp or whatever.

Congrats!

I caught one the other day also, nowhere near the size of your, but fun nonetheless

If you link out to photos on photobucket be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels or you will stretch the page here on the site.

Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting sites once you get the file sizing figured out. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDA server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file.

Good fishin’,

In-Depth Webstaff

CaseyF1

you should be glad to catch any type of fish that big heck i havent caught anything half that size.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Briank I think a new avatar is in order

eye_hunter

what is a ringie man. i wanna know, looks like i want to pull one of those things out too. i heard they dont really bite, just a rumor. if anybody knows how to catch them let me know.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Ringie: aka Ringworm… aka BFishN Tackle RingWorm. Aka look here: Ringworm

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

what is a ringie man. i wanna know, looks like i want to pull one of those things out too. i heard they dont really bite, just a rumor. if anybody knows how to catch them let me know.

Carp will actually bite a ring worm. I got one a few years back, not nearly this caliber, but a 10 + lber. It was this time of year, casting a shallow current seem and the proverbial, WHACK, I just knew it was my first 10 lb. eye. Needless to say I won’t live it down with the guy I was fishing with that day.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Carp will hit just about anything… heck, at the GTG… I was fishing cut bait for channel cats… pulled in a carp instead. uhg.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

oh yes dave we all remember that carp too

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

My fishing partner caught a big carp last year on a swim jig while fishing for bass. There was no doubt that carp bit the jig

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Briank I think a new avatar is in order

BK knows better.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

That is an awesome specimen! Our European friends including myself would go nuts over catching one like that. Its a true trophy!

How long did you fight em for?

4 – 5 minutes.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

BK knows better.

All I know is I wouldn’t get away with it.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I gotta say that is a picture that every time I see it I start to grin and have to laugh.

It is just one great shot..

Way to Go James

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

Quote:

BK knows better.

CHICKEN!!!!!

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Carp will actually bite a ring worm. I got one a few years back, not nearly this caliber, but a 10 + lber. It was this time of year, casting a shallow current seem and the proverbial, WHACK, I just knew it was my first 10 lb. eye. Needless to say I won’t live it down with the guy I was fishing with that day.

I had the same thing happen last April. Dragging a cotton candy ringie and THUMP! I knew it was a big fish and it stayed down with a couple short runs. I saw a big brown fish coming to the surface and my dad was with me with net in hand and we were both thinking “Monster ‘Eye!” It was a carp and the only fish of the day, but it was fun and gave us many laughs.

Curt

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:
    ——————————————————————————–

BK knows better.

——————————————————————————–

Chicken

catmando
    wis

yep was ice fishing the croix and my buddy pulled in a 20lb carp caught on a 8 inch sucker minnow..they will eat anything

deeplake
    Iron, mn

dam mit… got me too…nice sucker

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.