EVINRUDE OUTBOARDS

• B-man

Google BRP Project Ghost, and you can see a couple of pics of a pontoon, and a Alumacraft on the water with the “Ghost”. You can’t actually see the new project, but you do see the the lack of an outboard on the back.

I’m guessing it will be a failed attempt at a lithium powered boat.

I can already see the things bursting into flames lol…..but it will have a 20 year warranty to sucker victims….I mean customers in )

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200528-1053172_20200528105601777.jpg

milemark_714

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hillhiker wrote:</div>
    Google BRP Project Ghost, and you can see a couple of pics of a pontoon, and a Alumacraft on the water with the “Ghost”. You can’t actually see the new project, but you do see the the lack of an outboard on the back.

I’m guessing it will be a failed attempt at a lithium powered boat.

I can already see the things bursting into flames lol…..but it will have a 20 year warranty to sucker victims….I mean customers in )

My guess if they go electric,they will use LifePo4 battery tech,which has a very good track record.safer than SLA and even AGM batteries,but with a cost.

Beast

I use to tease a buddy of mine that had a rude back in the 90’s, told him he had it apart so many times to rebuild it he should put wing nuts on the head. smash

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

This has me thinking they have something up their sleeves when it comes to power plants.

“We will leverage our track record of ingenuity through our R&D resources to enhance the boating experience with unique new marine products, such as the next generation of engine technology with Project Ghost”

I agree. Evinrude has shown they’re not afraid to trail-blaze.

B-man

These new “Ghost” outboards are going to built into the boat (part of the boat)

Who wants to be one of the first 1,000 paying guinea pigs???

Not it jester

I can only imagine how bad the re-sale will be.

You can un-Ficht any boat, but if these new electrics don’t work out for the first few years you’re Fucht because it’s integrated into the boat, not just hanging on a transom (and obviously the boat will be rigged for battery storage with no fuel tank)

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200528-121048.png

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Hope Alumacraft doesn’t go downhill now too. What about Ski-doo?

I just don’t understand why they didn’t ditch the terrible 2-stroke HPDI technology. It’s shown time and again it just doesn’t last.

mnfisherman18

It’s unfortunate to see Evinrude discontinued , especially related to the job loss and reduced competition. I had a 90’s 40hp and it ran well for the most part (I know others who had similar positive experiences).

With that said, when I bought my boat a few years ago, I did not even consider buying one with an Evinrude. Way too many horror stories from friends and it seems like they were universally known to be unreliable. I only considered 4-strokes (preferably yamaha or suzuki) and I am sure many others felt/feel the same – the used market reflects this.

Nice Fella

61 years and counting on this one.

Great early family company history, from wikipedia:

Ole Evinrude reported that his invention was inspired by rowing a boat on Okauchee Lake, a small lake outside Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on a hot day to get ice cream for his girlfriend, Bess.By 1912, the firm employed 300 workers. Evinrude let two motorcycle-mad teens tinker in his Milwaukee-based machine shop; one was named Arthur Davidson, who went on to Harley-Davidson motorcycle fame, also based in Milwaukee. Ole Evinrude formed Evinrude Outboard Motors, which he sold in 1913 in order to look after his sick wife.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0399.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.