ETech Spark Plugs

• Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I am going to change the spark plugs in my ETech 50 HP and just learned that I need to index them. Any expert advice from any ETech guys here ?
    Doesn’t look to hard to do….hope I don’t have to buy a dozen plugs.
    Thanks

Bryan Myers

It’s not hard to do you just need a few extra to get them to line up. Or I know they used to make shims you could put on them to get them in range.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I assume the red circle is the indexing point ?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161107_160711.jpg

Bryan Myers

Yes that is what you use to index off of.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

so I watched a video from e tech…just to make sure I understand. I want the open end of the plug FACING the index point more or less ? I have some play there….

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

so I watched a video from e tech…just to make sure I understand. I want the open end of the plug FACING the index point more or less ? I have some play there….

That is correct. If you put a plug in and it doesn’t line up when tightened, try a different plug.

Bryan Myers

Yes that’s right I don’t remember the exact angle off it can be but it ideally it would be right at that pin in the head that you had marked in the picture.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

From the video I watched it looks like there is some tolerance on adjustment for the plug area. Sorry for the crud drawing but form the video it looks like its ok to be it the good/green area with the indexing .

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161107_160711-1.jpg

onestout
    Hudson, WI

summit or any of the performance places will have indexing washers.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Got them installed. I bought three plugs
    First one indexed perfect, second one was within the good range and so I tried the third one and it was way off, so I went back to the other one. In good shape for now. Thanks

Bryan Myers

It seems like there’s always one that’s way off! Glad you didn’t have to by too many extras!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.