Lake Vermilion

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Hey guys

I’ll be heading up to Vermilion with a buddy the first week of August and I’m looking for some ideas as to what to do. We’re probabally going to be staying at a resort on the westside, and I’ve never fished the west side of the lake.

**I’m not looking for spot specific info / or gps coordinates

All I’m looking for is:

1. What kind of patters we should focus on in a typical year, or patterns to try if it’s not a typical year,

2. What kind of baits work best this time of year

3. What are the must have colors.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shaley
    Milford IA

Shorelines and rock piles, weeds if they are there. Willing to bet it will be a night thing, creepers, blades and hawg wobblers. Find them during the day and catch them at night. I found the same colors I use at home worked well to, natural and blacks do good for me.

I love the West side, I’ll be there the end of Aug for full moon, can’t wait. I stay at Spring Bay Resort, they go out of their way to make sure you have a great time.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I can hardly wait

We were thinking either Spring Bay, Wolf Bay, or Muskego Point resorts

Thats a good idea, we’re deffinately planning on working the night shift

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

if you are fishing for muskies august is the time of year on vermillion. we did real good on the nite bite last year with bucktails on rocky islands and points and other typical muskie spots

cowboyhannah
    Wausau, WI

While 10s have been all the rage the past few years, be sure to have some ‘Jr.s’ on hand as well. Last year all our fish came on Jrs. Marked fish during the day went back after dark and caught them. On Wednesday of our trip we went 3 for 3 on waypoint marked fish…3 fish in 30 minutes on 3 consecutive spots. Pretty exciting. I’m staying at Gruben’s first week of August (marina by the bridge in central part of lake). I have a red 619–stop and say ‘hi’ if you see me and we can share notes! Best Luck! Can’t wait

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I’ll deffinately do that

Where is Gruben’s?

It sounds like we’re gonna stay in Cook on Thurs & Fri, and then we’re gonna move to Tower for Sat.

I can’t wait either

Thanks for the info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.