Any Cool Trips Planned for 2014?

• ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Well, are there? Just wondering if anybody is planning on chasing muskies anywhere exotic this year?

After watching a few Musky shows on TV last week, I think I’m ready to head up to Canada again. It’s been about 5 years since I’ve been there and I think my soul could use a trip like that.

I’m also curious to know if people further west (MN for instance) are willing to make the drive to back east to places like Green Bay and St. Clair where the fishing is great but miles are plenty and the asthetics are, well… not Canada… There, that was a nice way to put it!?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Going up to the bright sand river provincial park and can’t wait!!! Got the big walleye patterns down so after going for a new PB of 31″ go after some big pike. Got a 42″ last year that was a gator and very excited to actually target them to see what we can catch.

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Not that exotic, but I’m headed back to Cedar Lake in Ontario in late July. This will be 5 out of the last 6 years going there. The first episode of Musky Hunter last weekend was there, and after watching that July can’t come soon enough.

petemoller

There are 3 of us heading to Florida to chase tarpon. It’s not muskies, but alot of fun.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Tamarack isle in Aug. to burn double 10s and walk the dogs. Last year was a great time!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Just North of the Border, to the Clearwater-Pipestone chain.

A little bit of everything Including Trophy Muskie and Smallmouth, and Lake Trout.

Cedar Island Lodge, Emo, Ont. CA

Best thing it is only 6 1/2 hours from Mpls to be on the water. 60-miles of long narrow lakes to explore and catch nice fish.

I am foregoing a Family Trip to Norway (don’t want to spend $10,000 for the wife and I to go over for 10-days) and enjoying life here.

Rather spend 10% of that fishing for more time.

P.S.: I also have a friend with an extra cabin up there.

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Sounds like some good trips planned out there… Also sounds like Canada is still most peoples desired destination.

The last several times I’ve been there was to the Winnepeg River system in Minaki. Great fishing but a bit of a haul. Think we might do Sabaskong Bay this year if we pull a trip together.

shaley
    Milford IA

V in August as always, maybe Tonka in Oct/Nov again and who knows where else…

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Wish I could afford another Canadian Fly in. It’ll be a few years. We fish northeast Ontario in the James Bay lowlands. We fly with Air Cochrane a good group of straight shooters. I’ve had a few disappointments up north with equipment and such with some other outfitters. Last trip was great. It was my dad’s last trip “he’s 80 now” we caught lots of walleyes and he broke the 20 pound mark twice with pike. Up untill then he’d caught a fair number of 10 to 18 pound pike, but never broke that magical 20+ pound mark.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I’ve got a Week Planned on the Big “V” 8/4 – 8/11

Then I’m going back up Oct 20th – 24th

Sneaky
    Hayward, WI

Going to LOTW July24 for 5 days and then another 5 days Aug 22 and the a 2 day trip at LSC Sep 21-22 for ski’s

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Ill be up on big V starting the 17th of July and come home that Sunday night.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.