Alex scored his 1st on the 8

• Bob Bowman
    MN

Alex and I hit the water on Friday night with about an hour to work with. We were both pitching blades when I hear Alex in the back of the boat say, there’s one. I turn around just in time to see him start to stir the pot and bang, fish eats on the outside turn. Alex wanted this one in the bag bad…he started yelling “get the net, get the net”. I grabbed the net just as the fish decided to taildance at boatside. Alex managed to turn her back to the boat and in the bag she went. He has been so close, so many times, and this one played out perfectly..this was a very special moment for both of us. I got a flying bear hug almost immediately, then the adrenalin rush kicked in. Alex had the shakes and truth be told, so did I. We bumped his fish at 38 and he slid her back in the water. We watched the sun go down, just sitting in the boat together, what a great way to cap off the night. We got up very early on Saturday knowing we only had a few hours to fish. Again, Alex had the hot hand. Starting off our morning with a fat 46.25. This one ate on a long cast and gave him a great fight. A quick photo and she was on her way. 2 casts later we were netting a 43. The action came fast and it ended just as fast. Nice to be in the right spot at the right time, with the little man in the boat. I love being able to share these kinds of experiences with my son, nothing better in my book.

stuart
    Mn.

Awesome!!!

gary d
    cordova,il

Way to go!!! Some people dream to do that,almost back to back. to you Alex

fishbizbob

Those are some awesome pictures. His grin says it all!!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Congrats Alex and Dad. More great photo’s for the garage.

WE all have watched Alex catch muskies for several years now, how many has he landed so far? Just curious?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

That is awesome. Congrats Alex and Bob. Thanks for sharing.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Friggin stud!

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Awesome, the best memories are made in a boat

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Congrats Alex and Dad. More great photo’s for the garage.

WE all have watched Alex catch muskies for several years now, how many has he landed so far? Just curious?

I think he’s at 14 or 15.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

lucky kid! I bet your smile was bigger then his.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Love it. You two are lucky to have a great fishing partner in each of you! I can’t think of a better way to connect with your kid. Congrats on the great work dad.

Joel

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Love it. You two are lucky to have a great fishing partner in each of you! I can’t think of a better way to connect with your kid. Congrats on the great work dad.

Joel

Not a single day goes by that I’m not thankful for the experiences I get to share with my kids every day. There are a ton of life lessons that start and end in the boat. Getting to watch both my kids learn and grow is the most rewarding part of all of this, the fish are just a nice bonus. I honestly don’t remember what my life was like prior to kids but I will tell you this, I wouldn’t trade this for anything.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Doesn’t get any better than that! Especially on the 8! Some of the greatest memories are made with a foot of line out!

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Very Cool! Way to go Alex!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Way cool Bob

That’s awesome

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats to Alex and Dad! A father and a child building memories together while fishing in a boat – it just doesn’t get any better than that!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.