Mantrap Lake

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Hey Guys:

I’m headed to Mantrap lake, for a week long vacation during the 3rd week in August. I’ve never fished the lake, so any advice on bait and color suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

P.S. GPS points also accepted

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Quote:

Hey Guys:

I’m headed to Mantrap lake, for a week long vacation during the 3rd week in August. I’ve never fished the lake, so any advice on bait and color suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

P.S. GPS points also accepted

Which Mantrap and what are you fishing for?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Big Mantrap Lake in Park Rapids,MN. Fishing for Muskies.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I don’t fish muskies but I do fish for bass and crappies on Big Mantrap and have had numerous follows from muskies. Only tip I can give you is have a good mapping chip for navigation. Have a great trip!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

are you staying at Mantrap Lodge or Norway Hills? the West Arm where those resorts are located plus Home Bay nearby are both fine places to start…make a pass casting the weedlines and then turn around and throw on the deep side, especially when the sun’s up.

the main basin on the east end of the lake has a bunch of nice weed humps. good spots for topwater at night.

water’s clear with a slight green tint.

easy to get turned around out there if it’s your first time, gps will speed the curve of learning your way around. the newest Lakemaster chips have the lake accurately mapped; the previous Lakemaster editions and the Navionics chip aren’t accurate for anything more than the most general kind of navigation.

way too many fish were being kept out there prior to the 48″ limit, and still some going out now, so please take good care when handling/releasing fish – we’ve all got to share them! good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.