Anybody Headed to the Muskie Expo??

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I know its still about a month away, but I’m just wondering if anybodys planning on attending the muskie expo, and what’s everybody planning to buy?

shaley
    Milford IA

I’ll be there, no set list of needed items though….Love the swap as much as the expo….

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

If it’s still at that college in St. Paul, no I won’t be going. Of all the places to have a show with easy parking they choose that place.

To each their own I guess.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

it’s not that hard2 find parking dutchboy. it’s harder2 get a boat into some of these metro lakes…

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i’ll be there. can’t wait2 see mike hulbert and others and thank them4 hooking me up with some sick off season deals! and talk2 musky armor and thank them4 the great cranks that worked out pretty good4 us last year! maybe check out baits with new custom colors. no real big agenda tho…

kroger3
    blaine mn

A Tranx or 2, scrap my frabil for a beckman fin saver net, restock my favorite color of cowgirl and maybe buy a certain color cowgirl for AJ (wies) so I can use mine this year….

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

Quote:

A Tranx or 2, scrap my frabil for a beckman fin saver net, restock my favorite color of cowgirl and maybe buy a certain color cowgirl for AJ (wies) so I can use mine this year….

thanks bud now maybe i can actually catch fish on that color and not just MOVE every fish in the lake on it!

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I’m not sure if I’m buying anything yet but we will see when I get there.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

it’s not that hard2 find parking dutchboy. it’s harder2 get a boat into some of these metro lakes…

Glad to hear that. I must have been on crack or dreaming for those 45 minutes I tried to park there the first year. Maybe they fixed the parking problem? I don’t know, I haven’t been back since.

Like I said, to each their own. Enjoy the show.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I’m planning on hitting it up on Sunday. Gonna go talk to Dan Moates of Spanky Baits, and get a couple custom Shockers tied up. Then I’ll make my way over to Just encase to place an order for a custom tackle box Other than that I’m not planning on dropping a whole lot of coin. I’ve already spent enough on the 2 HDS’s I bought this winter

lhprop1
    Eagan

I’ll be heading to the swap meet on Friday and then hitting the expo on Sunday. I’ll probably grab a little of this, a little of that, and get my reel cleaned at the Shimano booth.

Quote:

I second that. I usually get within a block or two on one of the side streets. I’m young(ish) and my legs both work. I don’t mind the short walk.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ll be going again. Last year I didn’t have any troubles parking. 2 or 3 years ago, I got stuck in one of those liberal arts parking lots with my Yukon and couldn’t find a spot big enough to get parked in. I couldn’t make some of the corners and didn’t think I would ever get out of that lot.

I sure wish they would sell beer at the Expo. They would probably have to kick me out at the end of the day if they did.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Hell yeah

I second that.

shaley
    Milford IA

Quote:

I scrapped the Beckman in favor of the Frabil, was tired of cutting hooks out of the Beckman….

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

Quote:

I scrapped the Beckman in favor of the Frabil, was tired of cutting hooks out of the Beckman….

I will cut hooks all day to save fins. We should have traded!

Just realized I will be chasing Sturgeon on the rainy during the Expo!!! They really need to move it out of the prime spring river fishing!

shaley
    Milford IA

Honetsly I thought the beckman was rougher on fish than the frabils are, IMO anyway…We use the coated bags and no issues…

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

My Beckman (fin saveer pen style) is coated and I haven’t had any issues getting hooks stuck in the net. My previous Beckman net (rest its soul on the bottom of Sand Lake) wasn’t coated and had issues with hooks getting stuck.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Going just to look, uh huh, that’s what I said last year and spent more than a few doolars.

Prob go Sunday morning.

btw, bend them barbs down and you’ll have a easier time releasing fish, and no hung up hooks in the net…fwiw

Al

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

My previous Beckman net (rest its soul on the bottom of Sand Lake) wasn’t coated and had issues with hooks getting stuck.

I may have to do some scuba diving on sand lake

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Off to the expo I go. I will be helping the youngsters learn to make their own bucktails again at the Kid’s booth…

I will be there today and tomorrow with plans to hit the swap this year also.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Awesome

You gonna be there Sunday by chance? I’m planning on being there on sunday, so let me know. Otherwise just gimme a shout so we can catch up

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Well guys. What kinda toys did you pick up at the expo?

I dropped about $400 at the spanky baits booth, and picked up a couple of squirko jerk baits, and a few bull dawgs. I’d say spent a total of about $450 give or take.

It was a great show, and I had a blast shooting the breeze, and I made some awesome connections

shaley
    Milford IA

Dropped about $900 between the show and swap but got some killer buys on some brand new never used rare hard to find older baits( Cady Weagles, B.S.Wilies ect)… Also picked up a Just Encase and amazing what it will hold, put 2 full Lakewood Monsters and then some in it…Scored a sweet Calcutta for $75 at the swap with power handle…

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Great show this year! Was there 15 mintues after it opened on Friday and it was already really busy. No wonder we see so many boats on the water in the metro chasing muskies. Scored a new HDS 5, custom Squirko, Shadzilla, and a medussa. I know that bulldawgs are awesome lures, and I have caught fish on them, but the amount of giant Bulldawgs being bought blew me away. There was a line 10 guys deep at the start of the show with pounds of rubber in their arms.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

“There was a line 10 guys deep at the start of the show with pounds of rubber in their arms.”

And I will be spending that money on something called FISHING….haha even tho I am kind of jealous i will catch fish on my older dogs.

I got a few shadzilla jr.’s and a ram mount for my terrova. Mostly went there to talk fishing and make some good connections. Oh yea and to clean my shimano….those guys rock! Big help on getting my Curado back into working order after a long season last year.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Good stuff guys..sounds like it was a great expo for everyone…I know I wasn’t planning on spending as much as I did..but I made alot of great connections..

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

At the show – 2 nimmers, 2 ghosttails, 1 spanky bait.

At the swap – I swapped for one ghosttail, one large eagle tail, one discontinued giant shad rap, and one nice cowgirl. All in great condition. I also sold a number of lures.

All in all, I thought it was a great weekend…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.