There is a reason they call them toothy ones

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Finally caught my first ski of the season on 6/11 on the Croix. It was 41 inches. While trying to grab it for a quick picture, it did the flop and roll in the net. Before I knew it, I had my thumb and middle finger in its mouth and it didn’t hesitate to teach me a lesson. I got about 6 different slices and puncture wounds before I could get my fingers out of its mouth. Lesson #2 – you should always have a first aid kit. There was no shortage of blood in my boat. Good thing I had an extra pair of socks and some duct tape. As you can see in the picture, he is laughing at me.

Caught the other little guy (33 inches) up at the cabin last week. Caught both fish trolling. One on a bucktail, the other on a jerk bait.

randeye
    Hudson

Nice job! Hope the fingers are healing!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

With the size of that mouth, how could you not get your hand in there?

Nice one Buzz!

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

You’re not the first and probably will not be the last htat has bleed from the toothy ones. Most of my trips start with me doing the bleeding from sharp hooks, dull knives, and if lucky only a little blood from being bitten. Never thought about having duct tape and a pair of socks in my first aid kit.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Heck I even had a walleye take a slice off my thumb last night with its gill plate… I am not sure if that isn’t worse than what happened to you.

Mark

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

nice fish buzz!! same thing happened to me a few years back and now i always carry a first aid kit! keep up the good work…

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Very nice.

After a few gill rakes and tooth experiences myseff, I started using the Musky Armor gloves. This last year I went with the lindy release glove also.

I do have a nice first aid kit in the boat also…

Bob Bowman
    MN

Stop lipping them

Sweet looking crock

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

What, no bloody hand pics? Those are my favorites
    Dang nice fish Bzz

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hand is better now. Stubbed my big toe on Saturday morning. The &*%$^&$*& sob had a heart beat until Monday. I think I might have even cried for a few minutes.

Quote:

Sweet looking crock

Bob, I think my crocks saved quite a bit of blood lose for me.

After consuming some medication, was able to troll up a 37 incher. Had my wife, 2 daughters, brother and sister inlaw with. Made it an exciting pontoon cruise.

Plan to fish the Croix this weekend. Hopefully the bigger fish will start showing up.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Nice, I bet that was fun with the crew on board

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.