Eskimo 949 Flatfish Tear

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have one corner were the material has a hole and the pole sticks out. What is the best way to patch, seal or fix this? It isn’t a big deal, but one side doesn’t stay popped out as easily as it should.

Maybe its time for a new thermal!

gonehunting

Disassemble the hub and pull the pole out. Take to a repair shop and have it sewn. Have done it to a previous Eskimo 949i

Gilgetter

If it’s a seam I think you could sew it like feathers said. If it needs a patch. You could take it to Grumpy or one of the tarp and awning places and they could fix it. I haven’t had anything done recently but canvas work isn’t always cheap. Hubs are pretty inexpensive. If it’s a non-thermal model might be money ahead to give someone else a good deal and upgrade. It seems you can’t hardly give a non thermal away these days and any money you put into it won’t be recovered. Some young cat looking for a start would probably be jacked to take it off your hands.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Putting a stitch across the hole is a basterd at best. So many layers to run the needle through. I ended up punching a hole through with a drill bit and installed a pop-rivet. Now the pole rests in the pocket against the rivet. I think this is your cheapest and least time consuming fix.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Putting a stitch across the hole is a basterd at best. So many layers to run the needle through. I ended up punching a hole through with a drill bit and installed a pop-rivet. Now the pole rests in the pocket against the rivet. I think this is your cheapest and least time consuming fix.

This basically what I did except I used a small bolt with washers. Works great and fixed in about 5 minutes

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Thanks guys, sounds like I have a little project to tackle!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.