Crestliner

• BShimp
    Hudson, WI

I’m looking at the Crestliner 192. Not sure whether to put a midrange engine 140 – 150 h.p. or 200 h.p. I know a lot of the guides and members run Crestliner so I was hoping to get some feedback. I feel I should go with as much horse power as the boat is rated for but if I can get good performance with less h.p. and save money it may be a good trade off.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Hi BShimp,
    I don’t personally run a Crestliner but one thing I learned from the research I did prior to buying my Ranger 620 is that you are better off maxing out your horsepower, you won’t lose any performance and if the day ever comes that you need those extra 50-60 ponies you will be glad to have them.
    John

BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Thanks for your input Buckshot. I have a Lund 1800 Fisherman w/ 150 Yamaha. I notice that a lot of dealers package this with the 115 4 stroke. Price is good but the performance, I’m sure suffers. I agree, go with as much h.p. as posssible.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The crestliner TS series boats plane out easily even at half throttle so you really won’t have a “doggy” ride by going with a 140 – 150 HP motor. If full-blown performance and ease of re-sale is important, max the power. If a solid performing ride is all you need and top speed is rather unimportant to you, those 140 – 150 HP motors will do a fine job. Don’t go much smaller though. Personally I wouldn’t even consider the 115 on that boat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.