Lund Pro-V Rod Locker

• johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Has anyone ever modified their rod lockers on their Pro-V. I bought a Pro-V this spring and all my older St. Croix rods won’t fit in the rod locker because the last eyelet is too big. My rod locker has the individual rod tubes. I was thinking that if I pull the tubes out and the plate I could put some type of rack in there, similar to the rack where the butt of the rods go.

Anyone have any pictures of a modification that they have done??

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Cant find my pics anymore …..but on my old Alumacraft tourney……we moved the front wall where the tubes are forward to solve the problem.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I’m pretty sure you can buy the new tapered tubes from Lund and replace the old ones.

brent07
    Preston, MN

I have seen quite a few guys just take the tubes and mount out all together and use rod socks for all of their rods. Make a lot more room too. Don’t know if this interests you but thought I would throw it out there.

fishmark
    Ramsey, MN

I have a 1775 Pro-V that had round tubes and had the same problem. Replaced the plate and tubes with the new oval ones. I also moved the plastic rack that the rod handles rest on. I moved it back a little to give me just that much more room. Even with this I still have to place some rods only on the top of the rack, keeps the first eye out of the tube. I now only buy rods that fit in the locker.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I had the same problem, new croix rods wouldn’t fit into the tubes. First thing I did was remove the tubes and made the ovals bigger with jig saw, then sanded them down nice and smooth. Put rod socks on the rods and all was better….. Until I bought some more new rods.

I ended up taking all of the tubes and the front plate off. Put rod socks on all the rods and now I can fit more rods in the locker and they are easier to get in/out than with the tubes. I can snap a few picts tonight if you like.

Jami

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

I would appreciate some pics.. Jami, did you just leave the tubes out now?? So it’s just a big open rectangle now?

Thanks guys!

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

I just pulled the tubes out of my 1900 Sunday. I intend to use rod socks and glue some thick foam insulation or carpeting around the rectangle opening to protect the rods. The locker will be a lot easier to use with those tubes out of there…

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I would appreciate some pics.. Jami, did you just leave the tubes out now?? So it’s just a big open rectangle now?

Thanks guys!

Yup, took all of the tubes and the front piece that holds the tubes out. I have a big old rectangle opening, makes putting the rods away/taking them out a breeze. I’ll snap some picts tonight. Its not the prettiest thing, but with rod socks on i’m not worried about the rods at all.

Jami

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Here you go. There are 7 rods in there right now, with room for more.

Jami

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

There are 7 rods in there right now, with room for more.

Jami

Good to hear there is room for more….

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Always room for more Dean! That reminds me, I need to chat with you.

Jami

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks for the pictures Jami! Now I have a project tonight.

So is that square box liner already in the rod compartment?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Yes it is. To remove the front plate with the rod tubes is only 8 screws if memory serves me correctly. Once the screws are out, the tubes pull out with the front plate. Find a nice place in the rafters for them and your good to go.

Jami

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I found this old thread and it exactly solved my problem with my Lund, so I thought I would bring it back to the top.

Thanks for the tip, Ritter.

Sully

Repo

I know this is an old thread, but I’m hoping someone can help me out. I’m looking at a 2012 Pro v 1775. My issue is the rod storage is too short. Most of my rods are 7’2″. I like the idea of removing the end caps of the tubes or removing them all together. If I do this does the length of storage increase? Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.