NavPlanner?

• turkeynate
    Iowa

Anybody using NavPlanner to see their Navionics data and waypoints on your computer? I see they have relesed a new version 4.0, but wanted to get other’s opinions on the software before I take the plunge. Thanks!

turkeynate
    Iowa

Wade, have you tried this software?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade, have you tried this software?

I’ve used it a little. It was a little rough when it first came out but they appear to have solved any problems now.

Dean Marshall at Everts Resort will soon be our resident expert on the Navplanner. He has been doing his homework on the product and may be able to shed a little more light on this for you.

If you’re looking for something to view the map on the PC and you want to be able to manipulate waypoints and trails, etc, the Navplanner would be the way to go.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Dean have you had a chance to play with the NavPlanner yet?

johnnie candle
    Devils Lake, ND

Nav Planner is simply awesome. Not only can you view your electronic charts and waypoints, you can manipulate data as well.

You can change names and icons for your waypoints much faster than on your machine. You can create new waypoints or delete old ones. I use this to plan my next day on the water from the comfort of my home or hotel room.

A nice feature is the measure feature. You can find the distance between two waypoints in the click of a mouse. Great planning tool for tournament day time management.

The other nice thing is that you can convert to and from any other brand of GPS that supports Navionics charts. I transfer to and from Humminbird/Lowrance/etc all the time.

It is a great tool and one I am glad I have learned to use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.