Side Steps/Nerf Bars on your Truck???

• hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

My wife is preggers with a future river fisherman and shes starting to get tired of climbing up into my truck. So I’m looking to add some tube sidesteps to my 2005 F-150 in the very near future. Wondering if any of you guys have them and have any input, good or bad, on ones that have worked out or arent worth a crap???

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

I’m in the same situation you are with the pregnant wife. Mine came on my truck when I bought it last year but they seem to be fine. I will try to pull a name for you.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Congrats, check this thread out.

big g

Nerf Bars

coletrain01
    Rochester MN

i have stainless bars on my chevy and love them

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Bought mine new (for Toy Tundra) on Ebay for about $150 less than in the aftermarket stores…even with the cost of shipping. Buy the ones that are made for your specific truck model so you don’t have to drill and adjust.

Go stainless…

td69
    marshall, mn

my wife isn’t/wasn’t pregnant but the nerf bars/tubes were a must have to keep the peace

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Luverne or Westin or any other brand name is good.
    DO NOT make the mistake of going with anything other than stainless and you will be happy
    cheers

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Thanks for the info guys

eyebuster
    Duluth

Stainless, I have seen three sets snap from rust all on trucks made in 97 and 98

lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

Stainless only. My steel chrome ones rusted in about 3 years.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Are the “black” ones notorious for rusting fast too?

I’ve been thinking about dressing up the burb with black nerfbars and a black rhino grill guard.

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Get the stainless ones all others WILL rust. I have had the stainless ones on my truck since 2001 and they still look new.

td69
    marshall, mn

Gary, yes, to answer your question. I have seen several sets of the “black” ones rusted through.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Yup, gotta go stainless, you’ll thank yourself later for it. I got the Cabela’s name brand put on my Z71, and they are awesome. Never had a problem with them at all, and they get used quite a bit. HERE ARE the ones I have.

coppertop
    Central MN

Huck, If you get them make sure you have decent wider mud flaps in front as all the sand and debris is directed right to your rocker panel and it chews it up pretty good especially if you have agressive tires that tend to hold rocks and kick up gravel.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.