handheld gps or aqua-vu?

• uhlee1
    Dav. IA

I’m on a budget of about 400 bucks and am debating on an
    Aqua-vu or a handheld GPS w/lakemaps. I’m in Davenport IA
    and there’s not alot of places to use an aqua-vu localy but it could be great on my North trips where the lakes are big and clear, and the kids would have something to do when they get bored. But having topo maps of lakes and the big Muddy could prove alot more usefull. Any opinions on either, or which ones are better for the buck? Thanks in advance for any advice.

DanH

No contest. I would go with the gps. You won’t believe how quickly you will bond with it. You’ll wonder why you didn’t get one earlier.

I have the iFinder H20. It is a great unit. It did need to be serviced at the end of last season, but Lowrance had a new unit at my door in 3 business days. I can’t blame the unit, it took a beating on my boat last year. I used velcro to attach it to my console. The thing that holds the memory card didn’t like saltwater. Oops. I was changing the batteries when spray hit the battery compartment.

I bought it from Wade and when I needed a copy of my receipt for the service, Wade’s wife emailed it to me within an hour.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

GPS first,camera second.
    Ryan Hale

big_g
    Isle, MN

Take it from me, I have the camera and WISH I had the GPS. Don’t get me wrong, I love using the camera, but finding the SPOT is more important than seeing the fish. Get the GPS and start saving again for the aqua view. I’m a couple hundred away from my GPS now !!!

big g

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

GPS!!
    Give Wade a shout,..I bought my H20C unit from him, with a MN LM chip. Sweeeeet unit!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I agree with a GPS first and then a camera. Another option within your budget is an H20 for $170 and a Scout for about $200. The map chip will set you back a little more, but you will have both.

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

Thanks for the advice. So far it’s GPS 10 – Aqua-Vu 0.
    Have to find’em to see’em.
    I think I’ll be giving Wade a call. He has the best price i’ve seen on the H2oC/map package. Maybe the wife will get the camera for her birthday coming up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.