WTB: Excelsior Bale

• Jira

I called a few of my favorite archery shops tonight and none of them carry excelsior bales. I know I can run to Rice Lake, WI and pick one up at their distribution center but it’s a bit of a hike from IGH. …but if I can’t find one, that’s what I’ll end up doing (in which case I’ll have an ‘open seat’ for anyone wanting to roll with me.)

As a side note, I called everyone’s favorite archery shop in St. Paul and was sternly told that they didn’t have any and that ‘they weren’t going to pay the gas to go get any.’ I then asked where I could get one locally at which point the obviously irritated guy said “Rice Lake”… and then he threatened me that even if I drove there I would ‘have to pay full retail’ and waited for my reaction. I didn’t give him one. While I don’t think he left me much of a choice, he didn’t have to be such an arse. Sheesh I can’t stand that place. Reaffirmed why I don’t shop there — don’t know why I even botherd calling. (Whew — I feel better now!)

Anyone know where I can get an excelsior bale?

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Try ,Trails End Pro Bass shop in Fridely.Phone 763-784-9080.Ask for Dennis.

Jira

As a follow-up, I called American Excelsior in Rice Lake. They pointed me to Brock White Co. (The construction material supplier). I called the Brock White location off of 280 & Kasota right in St. Paul and they had a large supply of every size in stock… they even helped me load it in my truck.

Awesome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.