Radon

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Looking for some personal experiences with radon mitigation contractors in the Minneapolis area. Good, bad…let me know.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

I researched Radon mitigation and companies in town ad nauseum when we purchased “new to us” home with borderline radon level. Seller agreed to pay for a retest and mitigation if above cutoff (4.0 pci). We came in at 4.1 on retest.

We contacted / talked to several companies about our situation. One stood out not only in price, but in explaining mitigation techniques and exactly how they would put in system….Advanced Radon Services / Walt Fitzmaurice.

They only gave us a quote AFTER ensured they could help us. Before he would give us a bid, they drilled two or three very small holes in our basement and tested whether or not they would “communicat” / be able to make proposed system work. Once they verified they could help us, they gave us a bid comparable to other companies that gave a quote over the phone…without looking at situation.

Once we got the contract signed, we contacted the sellers agent to notify them of plan. They promptly suggested we get a second opinion from Advanced Radon Services since they had worked with them several times in the past. They didn’t realize that’s who we were going with. They were very happy to find that out and were happy to pay for whatever Walt, and ARS suggested. I’ve since referred them to three family and coworkers that were also very happy with them, esp. Walt.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks. I have a buyer that is insisting on having a mitigation system installed.

KG25
    Lakeville, MN

I’d have to look to see the name of the company we used, but when we bought our home 4 years ago, our radon test showed over a 6 pci/l and the seller agreed to split the cost with us. Total cost was about $1200. Tests after the system was installed showed minimal radon. They sealed all cracks in the storage room and also sealed our sump pump hole as part of the installation.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

If you come up with the name, kg25, I’d appreciate it.

KG25
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

I’ll look for our paper work when I get home tonight.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Has your house been tested? Mine was several years ago. Present but not high enough to warrant any action. At least not by me.

KG25
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

http://www.healthyhomesradon.com

No personal connection to the company but was happy enough with job done.

Our test results were 6.0 and 6.1 before the system and .3 and .3 after the system was installed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.