trailer lights

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

After fishing Lake Wisconsin yesterday, I had no lights on the trailer. So I spent today redoing the splices and then replaced the bulbs. Now I get both directionals flashing at once. I took off the ground connections and wire brushed them and put them back on. Any ideas?

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Good Article. I took off the main ground again and this time hit the frame with the grinder. Put it back on and now it is good to go. I can see some LEDs in my near future. Shorelandr wants 85 bucks for them but after today I think that is money well spent.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Replaced mine this spring with LED at Menards 19.87 a side. No problems so far.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Best thing I have ever done was to start making my own wiring harness’ using extension cords, soldering and running a wire ground straight to the plug NOT using the frame for a ground.

Takes more time but I have easily made up for it but not having issues for years now.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I had the same problem with mine last year. I cleaned all the grounds and checked all the connections. If you have the big round female connector that comes factory installed on your vehicle, there is a ground connection in back of it that needs cleaning too. That solved my problems.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.