I Pilot question

• bigpike

I can get Gen 1 for $300 for my Terova, Gen II is $450 but has double the track and spots, and a better remote. Any input on 1 or the other?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I rarely ever use more than one track or spot lock record. However the new remote does seem a lot nicer than the one I have on my Gen 1. Personally for the $150 savings, I’d stick with the Gen 1.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I rarely ever use more than one track or spot lock record. However the new remote does seem a lot nicer than the one I have on my Gen 1. Personally for the $150 savings, I’d stick with the Gen 1.

x2… unless you have money to burn

bigpike

Well I don’t but I would like a better chip for my HDS7 – Bye Bye Navionics. And a new livewell pump. Also I seen you can purchase the remote seperate for $160 at a later date. Thanks guys that seals the deal – I Pilot for bigpike

GUK
    Lake City, MN

I just upgraded to an I Pilot, wondering what will happen when I’m fishing in a pack of boats and others have I pilots as well…will all the signals get fouled up and others remotes make my boat turn or vice versa? What is the range of the remotes?

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

The learn function sets the remote to one I-Pilot relationship

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Im getting the new style because the remote’s buttons are so much more forgiving on your fingers. After a long day of fishing in cold weather it wore on my fingers alot. The raised graphics on the rock-hard rubber buttons sucked royally.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

Im getting the new style because the remote’s buttons are so much more forgiving on your fingers. After a long day of fishing in cold weather it wore on my fingers alot. The raised graphics on the rock-hard rubber buttons sucked royally.

Got mine yesterday. Lot’s lighter / smaller, but with nicer buttons and an audible / palpable “click” with each button push. Battery changing will be a lot easier too. But for the $$, it should come with a lanyard

GUK
    Lake City, MN

Perfect! Thanks!

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

My new I-pilot came with a lanyard and a wrist/short strap. You got shorted.

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Quote:

My new I-pilot came with a lanyard and a wrist/short strap. You got shorted.

x2.

I never used the old remote…but this new one is easy to hold/use

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Quote:

Well I don’t but I would like a better chip for my HDS7 – Bye Bye Navionics. And a new livewell pump. Also I seen you can purchase the remote seperate for $160 at a later date. Thanks guys that seals the deal – I Pilot for bigpike

BIgPike, if you are looking for a MN chip for your HDS7 you had better find one soon. When they are gone they are gone. I talked with Reeds today and they have a few MN chips but are out of Rainy/LOTW chips. Just a heads up!

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Yes you can buy and use the new remote on the older I-Pilot, but you do not get the 6 tracks and 6 spotlocks, that is stored in the head, so you will still have 3 max of each.

JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

My arthritic thumbs really like the new version of the remote control, a lot. No pain when operating. Clearly worth the extra money for me. On a slight downside note, because the new buttons are easier to push, merely bumping them can shut off the motor or features.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Mn lakemaster chips are avalible still at Formula Propeller and marine in Crystal

bigpike

Quote:

Yes you can buy and use the new remote on the older I-Pilot, but you do not get the 6 tracks and 6 spotlocks, that is stored in the head, so you will still have 3 max of each.

After the input here I am hedging between Gen1 and Gen2….Maybe I’ll keep my old chip for now and wait for the Lowrance chip…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.