boat windshield wipers

• wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Just came back from a leech lake trip and had some heavy seas the first week. Broke one support bar and now my dad is trying to talk me into installing windshield wipers.

Anyone install after market wipers on their walkthru windshields? This would be on an Allumacraft Navigator.

trucker
    Prairie DuChien WI.

I thought about trying that on my boat, but did not know what it will do to plastic windshield. I didnot think they recomended it. I will have to try it.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

thanks!! dont know why I didn’t think of that.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Another trick that works well is wipe the glass down with shaving cream. Apply with a rag, wipe clean.

-J.

JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

A few years ago my friends snickered when I installed a manual windshield wiper on my Lund Fisherman. Just got in from a twenty mile ride in heavy rain on Lake of the Woods. The wiper was really nice. The other ideas are good ones,and very useful on the passenger side and center window but the wiper works better for the driver. I was suprised to find that the windshield glass actually had a cut out at the top to accommodate the simple wiper mechanism. The link has an example. Installation was a bit of chore, but worth it.

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/EP104686102.htm?bct=%3Bciwindshield-wipers

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

This is why I dont run full glass

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Are you telling me that water splashes into the cockpit of that new 2100?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Are you telling me that water splashes into the cockpit of that new 2100?

Oh no I was more thinking for when it is raining

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.