What 2 stroke oil to use?

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Just had a carb rebuilt, running great, so what 2-stroke oil does anyone recommend? I seemed to have to rebuild my carb very soon when using Penzoil, and I won’t use any of their products in my vehicles.

I rebuilt the carb and used Yama-lube and it worked great. Now I have a Mercury with a rebuilt carb, does anyone recommend a good oil? I’m thinking about sticking with Yama-lube or Mercury, it’s worth the bit extra versus having to rebuild a carb or have issues out on the water.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve been happy with Amsoil HP Injector in my Merc.

dbright
    Cambridge

I started using amsoil interseptor two years ago because i had 4 gallons laying around after getting rid of my 2 stroke sled and it is all i have used since. It idles better,starts easier,and doesn’t load up at all even after trolling for hours.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

amsoil here as well

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well it probably doesn’t matter too much, I run pennzoil semi synthetic myself, I get almost no carbon buildup on my prop now, unlike yamalube, and I went away from amsoil a couple years ago because I ran across a couple engine builders that say not to run it, the reccomended either merc. Oil or pennzoil semi or full synthetic.

The biggest thing I think you should do is run a little seafoam each tank, and that will stabilize the gas for upto 2 years and keep the carb and motor cleaner.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Amsoil. Started last year. Haven’t looked back. 2001 90 horse elpto

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I run Yamalube in my 90HP Yamaha 2 stroke, so far so good.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Amsoil and Amsoil HP since the early 90`s and not one major engine issue since I started using it. The other oils I had constant ring carboning which led to 4 blown engines.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Amsoil for me. All my 2 stroke aplications have been gettng it for 7 years now.

Are you pre mixing your fuel/oil or is it oil injiet?

Either way the BEST thing you can do to prevent needing another rebuild on the carb is to run the carb dry between long perioda of non use. Like 1 month or better.

Its no secret, I’m no fan or fuel stabilizers. I belive in the one thing I know works. And that is vacating the system of any fuel. If there is no fuel in the carb how can it crystalize or gum up right?

-Mark

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Amsoil HP

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I had to get the “Tower of Power” (85 merc 115) rebuilt last year and was told by my mechanic that I should only be running Quick Silver oil. The penzoil is half the price but you get what you pay for.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Amsoil for me

walleye_wisdom

So where would one go about acquiring some Amsoil? I saw some regular Amsoil at my local farm soil but I didn’t find any 2-stroke oil.

fireline
    Rochester

Try going to the Amsoil web site and see who sells it in your area .I sure someone does close by or order it online .

walleye_wisdom

Thanks, i’ll see what I can find!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.