Engel Bait Cooler?

• Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I have the 30qt like most said by others i wish i got the 13qt too heavy lugging it around

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Icefishingdeals.com has them for $7.05 each through a place called Car Id? They warn on the site that you may not get what you ordeed but Car Id has a return policy. Don’t really need one but for $7.05 what the heck. Sounds like one of those deals that are too good to believe though.

Link? I’m seeing $63

https://www.carid.com/engel/engel-live-bait-cooler-377109439.html

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Thanks, Timmy! Just ordered one and paid with Paypal…fingers crossed!

kayl

I have the 13 quart and it’s fantastic. I got a good price on mine from Austin Kayak with one of their emailed coupon codes. I have a plug in aquarium air pump I use between trips. I kept 16 shiners for a week. They were looking a little rough, but that’s because I didn’t do 100% water changes every day.

I ordered a second from carID, can’t beat that price if it ships.

Michael

Has anyone had any luck getting one from the carID yet?

Dan Baker

So I did get the 13 qt on Friday Morning. Went out to the garage this morning and the thing is still humming away on the original 2 D cell batteries. That’s pretty impressive in my book. So far, so good.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I see my order has been “processed” but it’s showing an estimated ship date of April 9th. We’ll see if this goes through but I’m guessing not. Possibly someone saw the price and ordered enough to wipe out existing stock.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I ordered on 2/24 and so far have a receipt of payment from PayPal.

Nothing else.

Did you receive an order processed email Jamin?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I too ordered one, we will see………

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I also just ordered 3 of them from CARID. It definitely seems to good to be true.

Robert Duncan

Got my order cancellation notice. “our supplier has informed us that the Engel® ENGLBC13-N – 13 qts. Live Bait Dry Box/Cooler is incorrect price”.

Too bad, but it was worth a try!

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I ordered 5 of them on 2/23 at 3pm. I also see that the order wont process till April 9th.

I just got this email, ”
    Dear, Evan Pheneger

We would like to thank you for your recent order with us at CARiD.com!

Upon processing your order, our supplier informed us that the item you have ordered is a built to order part.

All built to order parts are non-cancellable and non-returnable from the moment the production is started.

If you would like to proceed with the production, please reply us with your confirmation.

The production of the item will take approximately 4-6 weeks

Unfortunately this issue occurred at a supplier level and was beyond our control.

CARiD.com would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.”

So I told them to assure me that if I got the wrong item or didn’t get them at all that I could still get a refund. If they say yes I will be moving forward. Surprises me that they would drop ship from Engel. Something isn’t adding up.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Did you receive an order processed email Jamin?

Nothing yet, just logged in this morning to check order status.

Weird some are getting cancelation notices and others approval requests for non-cancellable custom orders.

I think CarID CS people don’t know what they’re selling and Engel or someone at CarId will catch on and shut this down.

radracers5

I ordered 1 on Friday and the CarId website says my order is processed and ship date is for today but I haven’t received any email confirmation..

Mark Spesard

My emailed receipt showed a ship date of today, 2-26, but my account says it won’t ship until April 23rd…We shall see….

Mark Spesard

And I just got the cancellation email.

Timmy

Just got a “item is currently not available” message.

Oh well…..if it sounds like it is too good to be true,……lol

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I ordered 1 also for that price of $7.05 and now they have cancelled my order and are refunding the money. To good to be true. Thought we could fool them but they caught on.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Dear Dennis Orfield,

Please be advised that Engel® – Live Bait Dry Box/Cooler that you have purchased on CARiD.com is currently unavailable.

The order# 24763871 is automatically cancelled.

Your funds will be refunded back to the same account within 24-48 hours.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

CARiD

Felix Lochen
    Customer Service
    Phone: 800.505.3274
    Email: [email protected]
    FacebookGoogle+YoutubeMyCARiD

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Mary H – CARiD.com ([email protected])
    To:you Details
    Dear Dennis,We regret to inform you that upon processing your order, our supplier has informed us that the Engel® ENGLBC13-N – 13 qts. Live Bait Dry Box/Cooler is incorrect price.
    Please note that your order has been CANCELLED and you will get the refund in 24-48 hours.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for all inconvenience caused to you.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please call 800-505-3274.

Sincerely,

CARiD
    Mary Hanson
    Customer Service
    Phone: 800.505.3274 • Fax: 609.269.22.18
    Email: [email protected]
    FacebookGoogle+YoutubeMyCARiD

roger

various size coolers at garage sales and a battery operated aerator and a 120v fish tank aerator and you got it all covered.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

various size coolers at garage sales and a battery operated aerator and a 120v fish tank aerator and you got it all covered.

X2

Look for the Coleman’s where the lid locks when you move the handle to one side. Total investment $15.
    Considering the aerators on these engels are garb and need to be replaced anyway and it’s as good a deal as carid waytogo

Mark Spesard

The aerators can’t be any worse than the frabill ones. Lasting only a few times…Thats in their expensive bait station 6 gallon bucket. Can’t replace the pump. They are garbage

CaptainMusky

Look for the Coleman’s where the lid locks when you move the handle to one side. Total investment $15.
    Considering the aerators on these engels are garb and need to be replaced anyway and it’s as good a deal as carid waytogo

Yes, those coolers will work, but there is no gasket and the lid freezes shut easily. I used them before and majority of the time they are really good.
    I used my engel this weekend and had the aerator running overnight in my truck while plugged into the accessory port, then the next night all the entire day non-stop on 2 D batteries. Never skipped a beat. While the aerator may be noisy, I have no complaints thus far with it.

Michael

I know I’ve seen pictures of people’s Colemans before but can’t find them. Does anyone have a recent picture of one they’ve made?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

this isn’t my exact one but its the same cooler and modification. I got a few of these coolers for $5 a piece so I have a size 6.5QT, 10QT, and 18QT. Pretty simple, just drill a hole near the top and insert the tube for an aerator. I attached the aerator by creating a slit in the hard plastic siding which you insert the clip on the aerator into and it holds pretty well

Attachments:
    1. bait-cooler.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Cabelas had them on sale for $52 during their thanksgiving sale, i’m guessing you’ll see them get to that price during spring closeouts..

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.