Engel Bait Cooler?

• curleytail

I tried the CarId deal a few days ago and they refunded my payment today.

Guessing they realized their mistake when they suddenly received about 1,000 orders for the 13 qt cooler.

Tucker

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Google says: “State and federal laws are in place to protect consumers from false or misleading advertising. These laws make deceptive claims illegal. No business may make false, misleading, or deceptive claims about a product regarding its: Price.”

Looks like this company owes you guys some bait coolers… wink

curleytail

Lol. It would be nice if we could cause a stink and get them for that price. I have a feeling they are safe since they gave a full refund.

Would feel a bit guilty pushing on them about it. I imagine they’d lose a pile of money if they honored the price.

Tucker

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Just a heads up on another option. These are very nice coolers, rubber no leak gasket, two latches, decent price. Add your own favorite bubbler. There is dimpled spot under the lid to drill for air hose that is only about 1/4” thick, not like drilling all the way through the whole lid.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Adventure-Cooler-16QT-Green/dp/B00JYFGVZA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1519912666&sr=1-1&keywords=stanley%2Bcooler&th=1&psc=1

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Mistakes happen at any business.

I’ve gone to employees of big box stores and told them of suspicious pricing like that and saved em quite a few bucks over the years. Still wish I would’ve bought that $400 flooring stapler for like $40 last year.

Guess there’s people who want to take advantage of situations and those who want to help out, even if it’s a big bad corporation.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Would feel a bit guilty pushing on them about it. I imagine they’d lose a pile of money if they honored the price.

I agree. If they wanted to sell them at that price, heck ya I’d get a few and wouldn’t judge anyone for getting in on a good deal. If it was a mistake, then it’s best to move on. Like nhamm said mistakes happen.

I like the cooler Pete posted. Looks possibly nicer than the Engel cooler.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.