Electronics Security.

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I was wondering if anybody uses some type of lock on their electronics on their boat.I have 2 Helix 5’s on the boat and it sits in the driveway sometimes.I take them off then and thats getting old.
    I tried some from Ram and they won’t work so i am looking for other ideas.TIA.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If someone is after your expensive electronics mounted in your boat, they are going to get them off. A quick cordless sawzall job of 5 seconds and they won’t care what mount or lock system may be connected to the back of them.

If things being taken parked outside your house is a big concern where you live, I would try hard to find a secure place to put the boat. If you have $$$ in electronics onboard you likely sometimes have expensive rods and tackle onboard too that would all hurt to lose.

It sucks, but this is a reality in many places.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yep I’m with Bucky on this one. However I think it would be nice to have at resorts and other places you might dock for any length of time. At resorts I leave mine in there but at home where the boat sits outside I take them out and also don’t leave rods in there.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ll knock on wood. But I’ve never had a issue. Boat is out side year round with 12s on the dash clear as day. If I went to a hotel I’d just remove them or put a cover on the thing.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Watch out for pick up trucks trolling North Branch tonight! whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Watch out for pick up trucks trolling North Branch tonight! whistling

Your supposed to come get a tow bar any ways. I’ll leave it in the neighbors yard so you rob his boat lol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Your supposed to come get a tow bar any ways. I’ll leave it in the neighbors yard so you rob his boat lol

jester Dang I forgot all about that. We should plan an evening of fishing and I can grab that from you.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m all game for that idea John. The hitch will be free 99. I have no use for it

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve seen some with these.

While I do agree that someone with the right tool and some balls isn’t going to be stopped, it’s better than nothing. What it might do is make someone think twice, or make them go to the next boat that doesn’t have any locks.

Ripjiggen

Better off going with a boat alarm.
    Add a cover even better.

If you are still worried I would move. jester

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.