Electric Trailer Dolly

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have some health issues so horsing my trailer into the driveway through our alley isn’t an option this year. I don’t need to move the trailer much (back in to a 90 degree angle then push slightly past 90 to fit in the driveway).

I’m looking at an electric dolly…something that I could potentially mount to the frame. I’m not a fan of the large cart style dolly’s – I don’t really have room to store them. This is for a Ranger Reata 1850 to give you a feel for the size.

Any suggestions people have used? Here’s an example:

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Would a hitch on the front of your truck make it easier?

deertracker

I bought a cheap winch from Harbor Freight. Attached it to the back wall of my garage, after I beefed it up and pull the boat in.
    DT

deertracker

The winch has a wireless remote so I steer it at the tongue as it goes into the garage.
    DT

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Would a hitch on the front of your truck make it easier?

That’s worth looking at….however, pulling into the alley and then turning around to hook up to the front might be a process. I’ll look at it though.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The winch has a wireless remote so I steer it at the tongue as it goes into the garage.
    DT

I don’t park in the garage….I need the boat in the driveway (driveway and alley run North/South but boat needs to be East/West) and I don’t have an anchor point for a winch.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ll look at it though.

The guy that stores mine in the winter used to do that, and it worked pretty well. Now, he has a fork truck with a ball on one of the tines. That works really well. rotflol

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Matt,

That looks like it could be just the ticket, I have saved that page.

Ripjiggen

Matt I think what you are looking at would work. I had a warrior single axle that I had to shimmy into my garage and used a regular hand dolly and it wasn’t that bad.

FryDog62

I’m a big fan of the Trailer Valet 5X at about $500. You can use a cordless drill to power it.

Products

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The Trailer Valet looks good….nice that it quickly disconnects.

FryDog62

The Trailer Valet looks good….nice that it quickly disconnects.

I’ve been able to angle my boat into some pretty skinny spots in two different garages now. Back/Shoulder/Wrist saver for sure…

Bob Smith

I have a Parkit 360 that I use to move my Ranger 620. You can find them used for a reasonable price and even less if you are willing to travel. Push and pull is pretty easy but you still have to muscle it around corners. If you want to give it try let me know. Happy to help out… I’m in the the south metro.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I’m a big fan of the Trailer Valet 5X at about $500. You can use a cordless drill to power it.

I got the Trailer Valet last year. With a dual axel trailer it is very difficult to get my boat trailer positioned close to the wall in the garage. Especially by myself. It works well. I can easily work the trailer in and out of the garage. It can generate a lot more steering force, to fight against the dual axels, than I can do myself .Then I remove it and leave it at home.

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

I got the Trailer Valet last year. With a dual axel trailer it is very difficult to get my boat trailer positioned close to the wall in the garage. Especially by myself. It works well. I can easily work the trailer in and out of the garage. It can generate a lot more steering force, to fight against the dual axels, than I can do myself .Then I remove it and leave it at home.

That’s good to hear – I’ve always used it on just a single axle trailer and wondered if it was still good on the dual…

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I just bought the trailer valet XL…I like that it hooks to the hitch directly versus the bracket.

I’ll let everyone know how it works.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I just bought the trailer valet XL

That looks awesome. I think it’d be great for jockeying trailers at our cabin.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I just bought the trailer valet XL…I like that it hooks to the hitch directly versus the bracket.

I’ll let everyone know how it works.

You will love it, bought one in 2016 to move my tandem Skeeter.

jim Van Schoick

I ended up making one 3 years back and still using it

Attachments:
    1. trailer-mover-scaled.jpg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.