Eclipse

• Baitwaster
    South metro

Anyone traveling to see it? I drove to Nebraska for the last one – was a pretty cool thing to actually experience. The difference between just a sliver of sun peaking past compared to totality was like, well, night and day!

Not going anywhere this time though. Sounds like a lot of places are calling in National Guard for crowd control.

Crazy.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Nope, but can anyone explain how these once in a lifetime eclipses that won’t happen again until year 2167, happen every 5-10 years?!? rotflol chased rotflol

Snake ii’s

Traveling outside to my deck. Full eclipse here.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I miss all the eclipses and earth quakes.(NJ) Keeps me sane.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Places really need crowd control?? It’s only going to last four minutes!

Here in MN we aren’t in the path of totality but we should see a good 75% of the sun blocked by the moon starting about 1pm. I’m looking forward to seeing photos on my Facebook feed.

CaptainMusky

Traveling outside to my deck. Full eclipse here.

Nice! Just dont look at it without proper eye protection. Here it will be a partial, but its likely to be cloudy so its just going to get dark and we wont likely see it.

Deuces

I know couple folks traveling to see it in full.

Doesn’t do anything for me, unless it makes for an epic fish bite

OG Net_Man

What/why? Are we in the stone age that when you seen this event you thought this was the end of the world?

I feel sorry for any one living in a area that stepping outside to view this requires crowd control.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t quite understand the thought of travelling states away and getting a hotel room for 4 minutes of something that might be hindered out by clouds. But then again, that’s just me.

It sounds like the full eclipse path may be almost entirely blocked out by clouds too. hah

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

I don’t quite understand the thought of travelling states away and getting a hotel room for 4 minutes of something that might be hindered out by clouds. But then again, that’s just me.

It sounds like the full eclipse path may be almost entirely blocked out by clouds too. hah

I believe some have traveled to Vegas for “4 minutes of something”

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t quite understand the thought of travelling states away and getting a hotel room for 4 minutes of something

Sooo no honeymoon for you then? rotflol

Reef W

Nope, but can anyone explain how these once in a lifetime eclipses that won’t happen again until year 2167, happen every 5-10 years?!?

Total eclipses are about every 18 months, the next one will be August 2026. From any given location it’s only visible about once every 100 years though. The next time a total eclipse will be visible from Minnesota is in 2099.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The next time a total eclipse will be visible from Minnesota is in 2099.

I think I’ll probably miss that one grin

Baitwaster
    South metro

See it from the sunny side!

Ripjiggen

Total eclipses are about every 18 months, the next one will be August 2026. From any given location it’s only visible about once every 100 years though. The next time a total eclipse will be visible from Minnesota is in 2099.
    [/quote]

Think I’ll just wait then. whistling

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Last night about 8:30 the sun got eclipsed by something and I didn’t see it again until about 7 this morning. Didn’t have to travel anywhere.

To me this is like people driving up north to look at leaves change color. I can stand in my backyard and see that.

SR

topshotta

I am looking forward to the eclipse, and will be watching from the path of totality in southern Indiana. I watched the 2017 total eclipse from the path of totality in Idaho and it was the most incredible thing I have ever seen.
    A dark shadow approached, all the birds went quiet, and when the moon covered the sun you could see stars and the corona surrounding the sun. It looked like wisps of smoke. Certainly not for everyone but if you enjoy natural phenomena like the northern lights, storms, wildlife, etc., it is quite the spectacle.

jwellsy

The path of Mondays eclipse will intersect the 2017 total eclipse path in Southern Illinois’ “Little Egypt”. More specifically South of Carbondale IL near Giant City State Park (city of giants?).

Watch for C130’s flying the totality path 2hours, 1hour and .5hour before totality. The eclipse starts at 11:25am with totality at 12:35pm local time. The first 2 flights may be at 30k’ and the last one at 10-15k’. If you see any C130’s leaving chemtrails try to get some good pictures.

Dan Baker

I’m heading to Indiana to watch it. Went to Missouri for the last one. It was awesome enough that the whole family instead we go again. It truly is amazing, and hard to explain.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I’ve done enough once in a lifetime things,coupla of them twice.

Good one BW.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Two of my kids are traveling to see it with their Aunt and Uncle. They have decided on Indiana. My wife and I thought about going. I tried to put together a last minute Lake Erie trip to watch it from the lake while fishing, but couldn’t sync up enough days to make it worth it.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Meh! The birds going quiet would be cool though.

CaptainMusky

Looks like the majority of the path is going to be blocked by clouds with the exception of parts of Indiana.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like the majority of the path is going to be blocked by clouds with the exception of parts of Indiana.

Exactly. So why are people driving for hours and getting a hotel room for nothing then. doah

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It will still get dark, then light again! tongue

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m honestly jealous of those who have the free time to travel to see a cloudy eclipse.

Stanley

My neighbor left this morning with his wife and kids to see it.

queenswake
    NULL

It’s somewhat sad to me how I am so desensitized that stuff like this doesn’t even intrigue me anymore. 30 years ago pre internet, our worlds were a lot smaller and things like this would shutdown the country. Today, I just shrug.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.