Early fall on leech lake

• Walleye635

Hey guys, heading to leech lake at the end of the month for the first time and plan on doing some walleye fishing. Just looking for a few tips on what to look for and depth ranges that will hold walleye this time of year. I’m assuming jigging will probably be the best technique this time of year? Not much of a fall fisherman so any info will help! Unfortunately i have stuff going on in the evenings so all of my fishing will be from early morning until late afternoon so hopefully i can find some daytime action. Thanks in advance for any info!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

fish will be from 4-60′ of water. but seriously, I am not a Leech expert but we have done well on wind swept points fishing under 10′ of water. Stay away from the other boats, they will move schools and off spots and typically not be on the best fishing.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

End of the month is the full moon. Full moon on Leech means I’ll be trolling big Husky Jerks and Rogues in 10’ish (at night). During the day just keep an eye on the side imaging and toss away from the boat.

Mike

Water should be low 60 range. Find some weeds up in sucker/portage and that should hold all sorts of fish that time of year. Like others have said wind swept points are another good choice. If you get wind out of one direction for a few days I’d be fishing that general area its pushing in to. Will be up the second week of October. Hoping she cools down!

Deuces

What part of leech r ya fishing

CBMN
    North Metro

I fish Leech and Winny a fair amount from now until ice up and I rarely fish in over 10′ of water as Dave mentioned above. Finding remaining weed edges can also be very helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.