Eagle River Area Guides?

• Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’ll be taking the family to stay up in Eagle River the end of July and am looking for a guide for a morning or afternoon trip. It will be me and my 7 year old son who is a fishing nut. There seem to be a lot of muskie guides but I don’t think at 7 years old he is ready to sling big baits for half a day.

Can anyone suggest some guides to contact? We are staying on Eagle River but we would travel to whatever lake is best for the time of year/action.

Thanks,
    Dave

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

We are staying about 3 miles West of Eagle River off of State Rd 70. I checked out a couple of those links but was hoping someone had some first hand experience with a guide that would ensure a enjoyable day on the water for me and the kiddo.

I’ll give Kurt a call and see what I can find out. I also see R&M Musky shop is just down the road to the East, I’ll reach out them as well.

Thanks for the lead.

Dave

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Hey Dave, you could always check with IDO ProStaff Adam Rasmussen. He runs Rasmussen Outdoors out of Mosinee, WI which is about 1.5 hours (roughly) south of Eagle River area. Check out his site and give him a buzz, he may be able to help you!

http://www.rasmussenoutdoors.com/

Thanks,
    Nick

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Big Lund 20:

Picked up that you are staying west of ER, but which lake/resort??? Are you wanting to fish the lake you are staying at, best bite, type of fish, etc???

Check out:

Rob Manthei: http://robmanthei.com/

Matt Raley: http://www.hideawayhollowoutfitters.com/Pages/default.aspx

I know that Rob is pretty booked for the season, but it never hurts to check and if he’s not available, he’ll hook ya up with Matt or someone else in that area as you are only a short trip to St. Germain.

Mark

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Thanks for the replies. I’ve reached out to Rob and a few others, awaiting responses. We are staying at a private cabin right on the Wisconsin River. I’m open to traveling to get a good bite. I just want to show the kiddo a good time, that’s my number one priority.

Hopefully I can get something booked this week. It was kind of a last minute trip so my poor planning leads a little bit of searching finding a guide.

Thanks,
    BigLund20

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

What specie(s) are you wanting to target, and how close to Eagle River is this cabin? Lots of good water in the very near vicinity, shouldn’t have to travel far depending on what you want to fish for…

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

What specie(s) are you wanting to target, and how close to Eagle River is this cabin? Lots of good water in the very near vicinity, shouldn’t have to travel far depending on what you want to fish for…

I’m open to targeting anything. Bass, pike, eyes, panfish.

We are staying just 2-3 West of Eagle River. We have access to some kayaks and plan to do some fishing on the Wisconsin. I wasn’t sure what the shore fishing access is like in the area? Is there any? The dam is just down the road about a mile to the west.

Dave

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Dave:

Are you 2-3 miles west of the Hwy 17 intersection and is the house on the north side of the river or the south as it pretty much runs east and west there???

Kayaking the river should be a good, if not great time this year as water levels are not low at all!!! The SMB’s in the river can be exceptional, but I am not sure what type of locations they will be in during that stretch of time… but I am betting that a topwater will be a ton of fun below any of the riffles or thrown at any current break (i.e., boulders, wood, etc.).

As for fishing from the boat with a guide, the ER Chain has a very diverse fishery and can be very good for, eyes, pike and panfish notable the perch aqnd crappies. To the west, there are some great lakes including Big and Little St. Germain lakes as far west as Big and Little Arbor Vitae. There are many smaller less known lakes as well. Stay in touch and let us know the who, what and where’s of your trip.

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Dave:

Any luck finding someone??? And if so, who, how did it go… inquiring minds want to know???

Mark

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Dave:

Any luck finding someone??? And if so, who, how did it go… inquiring minds want to know???

Mark

After searching and talking to a couple guides I have elected to DIY the fishing on the trip. The cost of the guides I’m sure would have been worth it but after much contemplation I realized that I could take that money and spend it on doing something with each of the boys(I have three). Only one of them is really a die hard fisherman so in the end it just seemed like the right thing to do.

We are going to kayak fish and bank fish from the cabin. Hopefully we can find some spots from shore as well in the area. I’m really looking forward to the trip! We leave Wednesday!

I’ll report back with how we do.

Again thanks for all the feedback.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.