DYI rod storage

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Trying to get creative with rod storage when it comes to our truck. With a bed length of only 6” and wanting to use the bed for other things I am thinking of using these to make my own storage to mount to a roof rack.

I can customize their lengths and they are also lockable. Has anybody used anything like this?

TIA,

FDR

Attachments:
    1. 8C9D0252-7967-4CB3-AD9C-1C2AAE72CC36.png

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I see them used a lot by the student bass fishing guy’s they use a large pvc tube with a screw on end cap. Not sure that I would feel good about them riding around in there.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Inconvenience of taking reels off is really the only major down fall. When I was manufacture repping for a rod company, that’s how I transported larger quantities of sample rods. I suggest using rod sleeves

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Inconvenience of taking reels off is really the only major down fall. When I was manufacture repping for a rod company, that’s how I transported larger quantities of sample rods. I suggest using rod sleeves [/quot

Agree with the inconvenience of taking reels off. The plan is to use rods sleeves for protection.

FDR

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I made 2 of them out of 8″ PVC. They do the trick and work but like Randy said, taking all the reels off sucks. I could fit 3 rods in with the reels. Anything more I would have to start removing them. I did like the fact that I could put a cable around a tree and lock them down for the night. I glued foam onto the end cap so if I had to stop hard the tips wouldn’t go smashing into the PVC.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You could add a short 6″ or 8″ round PVC for the reel, Wound kinda look like my potato gun.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I made 2 of them out of 8″ PVC. They do the trick and work but like Randy said, taking all the reels off sucks. I could fit 3 rods in with the reels. Anything more I would have to start removing them. I did like the fact that I could put a cable around a tree and lock them down for the night. I glued foam onto the end cap so if I had to stop hard the tips wouldn’t go smashing into the PVC.

Roadwork, did you use similar end caps as to what I posted? Thank you for the tip of adding foam to the end caps.

FDR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.