DUMMY PROOF LIVESCOPE

Hey there, I have been doing my own research to see what getting Livescope includes for x.y.z…. I want it for open water and ice fishing but am just scared to spend that much money and not get everything I want to use it for. Can you point me in the direction for a list of everything I need to do both.

Looking for ideas to have it mounted on the boat and when its time to store that get it ready for ice. Help a guy out dummy proof this technology that is going way faster than I am.

Thank you

uninc4709

I would buy the ice kit with the 9″ screen, then all you would theoretically need is a mount for the transducer either on your trolling motor or a separate mount depending what you want to do and a second cradle for the boat, power cable, and an optional RAM mount.

If you go to Garmins website and locate the 9″ ice fishing kit you can go down that page to accessories. There you can find the power cable and cradle.

I was thinking the 9″ as well. Thanks for the response. Do you have this personally if so do you like it? Tips tricks?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I have the 9 inch ice bundle. The only thing I needed for my boat was a pole mount. I have a Helix 12 Mega SI as my primary unit so I only use the LiveScope for looking for fish away from the boat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Do not buy the bundle, piece it together individually, you will get the best pieces and it will actually be cheaper than the garmin bundle with the worthless battery and pole.

Here’s what you buy:
    1) Head Unit (Echomap 93UHD or larger screen if you prefer it) remember that larger screens are heavier and use more battery.
    2) LVS32 transducer and black box
    3) Case & shuttle (Garmin or Summit)
    4) lithium battery & charger(18ah or 30ah) I prefer Amped with garmin charger plug adapter)
    5) Summit 60” pole with removable perspective mount.
    6) garmin icekit wiring harness
    7) short network cable
    8) Optional – Transducer head protector (you spend $1,500 on a transducer, protect it)
    You’ll need to wait for deals though as the head unit sale and transducer rebate have expired…

I pieced my complete Livescope system for $1,600 but I got lucky with some unreal deals, holiday sales and I sold the transducer my 93UHD came with, expect to pay around $2,300 if you hit the right sales, much cheaper than the garmin bundle…

@JOE THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE. THIS ONE HELPS. I’M IN LINE FOR A SCREAMING GARMIN PACKAGE RIGHT NOW ON SWAP AND SHOP HOPEFULLY I CAN GET AT IT.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.