Duck Recipes

• Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

What’s everyone’s favorite way to cook their duck? With duck season in full swing and birds hopefully makin their way down soon, it would be nice to see some of your recipes!

?????

1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup Honey
    2-3 TBSP chillie garlic sauce
    Mix well
    mainade duck for 3-4 hours or overnight
    Grill on high until med to med rare.
    Just like eating venison back strap if you do not overcook it.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Cut in to nuggets, batter with catfish shorelunch, deepfry, optional bbq sauce to dip in.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Make a sauce w/ Grape Jelly and Red wine, garlic, red pepper flakes, (and any other seasonings you’d like) and simmer until reduced.
    Dredge Duck breasts in flour and sear each side until browned (not long). Put in oven at 350 covered in 1/2 the sauce for 45 minutes, last 15 minutes add remainder of sauce. Serve over wild rice.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

1 cup olive oil
    3/4 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    3 tbl prepared mustard
    2 tsp pepper
    2 clove garlic smashed
    1 bottle teriyaki

Cut duck or goose breasts in halves or thick strips
    marinate in glass bowl for several hours in fridge or over night.
    grill meat to medium rare

also works good with venison

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Cut breasts into chunks, put with a slice of jalapeno and glob of homemade sauerkraut and wrap with the cheapest bacon you can find and stab a toothpick in it, throw on grill till bacon is done, sprinkle on Lawry’s. Our group made up 45 ducks last Saturday and not one left over!! You can marinate over night in Italian dressing if your not doing fresh to add some flavor.
    If I’m making for my wife she likes to have some cream cheese slapped into the crevice of the jalapeno slice

Keppinhiemer

marinade in pineapple juice, wrap bite size chunks in bacon with a chunk of pineapple and toss on the grill!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Ick – I can’t stand wild duck. That’s why I quit duck hunting. I love domestic duck and will order every time I see it on the menu.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Grilled duck breast
    Equall parts-1/3 cup
    Olive oil
    Whiskey
    Apricot marmalade
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cut breast into strips,
    Portobello mushroom cap cut into strips
    Red bell pepper cut into strips (Jalepino) if you want
    Sweet Vadalia onion strips
    Bacon strips

Mix olive oil,whiskey,apricot,salt n pepper
    Coat breast meat in mix
    Wrap breast,mushroom,red pepper,onion with bacon.
    Hold together with toothpick
    Place on grill until bacon is cooked

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Breasts the duck, take the thighs off the bone too… Marinate in either Italian Dressing or a Raspberry Vinaigrette for a few hours up to 24, then wrap with bacon and grill to Med Rare. Doesn’t get much better than that!!!

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Cut breasts into chunks. Take chunk of duck meat and add a sliced water chestnut. Wrap in half a slice of bacon and put a tooth pick through it. Place in Tupperware and add a large amount of your favorite teriyaki sauce, or Italian dressing. Marinate over night. Grill till bacon is done.

?????

Cut breasts into chunks. Take chunk of duck meat and add a sliced water chestnut. Wrap in half a slice of bacon and put a tooth pick through it. Place in Tupperware and add a large amount of your favorite teriyaki sauce, or Italian dressing. Marinate over night. Grill till bacon is done.

Good idea we dothe same thing with our Walleye but use jerk sauce. We call it Walleye ramaki!

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Did this one tonight. Was very good. Slices duck breasts into slices and followed directions on the Mongolian beef seasoning packet you can find in most grocery stores (it’s in the yellow pouch in the Asian section). I bought 2 pouches but only used 1 1/4- 1 1/2 pounds of ducks breasts so there was more sauce in the end. It was very good, but it was on the spicy which I like. I served it over white rice or chow main noodles.

Attachments:
    1. 20161024_221856.jpg

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Kabekonacrazy you are right it’s the basic ramaki recipe usually made with chicken liver, but works well with lots of meats. That water chestnut adds nice crunch.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We all tried some duck this guy was grilling last year when on a pheasant hunt and we all thought the same thing immediately. Why the hell are we hunting pheasants?! shock It was shockingly delicious.

404 ERROR
    MN

You need about 2-3 lbs of duck meat, but this is delicious.

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10×15 glass pan
    sprinkle 1 cup rice over butter
    mix 1 can of cream of onion and 1/2 can water and pour over rice
    Lay duck breasts out, covering the rice- season to taste.
    sprinkle 1/2 cup rice over duck
    heat and mix 1 can cream of chicken and 3/4 can water and pour on top

Cover and bake for 2-2 1/4 hours @ 325 degrees

big_g
    Isle, MN

cut it into bite size chunks, proceed to throw chunks in garbage and eat a hotdog. devil jester

cheers

grill as in bbq or broil ?

Ryan Hughes

I just tried this the other day. I got this recipe off of another forum and man is it good! I’m pretty sure that this is the only way I will eat Duck from now on.

What you’ll need:

5-6 wild mallard duck breasts

1 medium/large white onion

1 green bell pepper

6 strips of bacon

2 limes

I packet of lawry’s regular taco seasoning

Crushed garlic

Garlic powder

Queso Fresco

3 Avocados (For guacamole)

Refried Black Beans

1 head of lettuce

Sour Cream

Small corn or flour tortillas (soft taco size)

Salt/pepper

Here’s how ya do it:

1. Prep the meat by cleaning up all shot wounds and discarding all fat/silver. Long ways, slice the meat about a ¼ of an inch thick, and then cube the strips. You want the meat to be small, about a ¼ of an inch cube or a ¼ of an inch by ½ of an inch. You don’t want mushy meat, just really small cubes.

2. Take your cubed meat and place it in a shallow container. Then spread the entire packet of Lawry’s Taco Seasoning over the meat, 2/3 cups of water, the juice from 1 lime, and some garlic powder. Mix all of that together, assuring that each piece of meat gets engulfed in the marinade, then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. *If you need to add more water, do it… just don’t overdo it.

3. Fry up six pieces of bacon. Whatever you do, don’t overcook the bacon. If anything, undercook it. While bacon is frying, finely chop the white onion and bell pepper. Once bacon is done cooking take it to the chopping board and… CHOP! Save it for later. Discard the majority of the bacon grease, but save enough to get your sauté on with your finely chopped onion and pepper.

4. Sauté that onion and bell pepper (that is 1 whole white onion and 1 whole bell pepper) in the bacon grease, add a little under a tablespoon of crushed garlic and salt/pepper.

5. Once the white onions start to shows signs oF losing their coloration, add your meat with all of the juices from the marinade and add the bacon. Turn on the heat, don’t freak out that it looks like soup, and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer while stirring frequently.

6. Chop your lettuce, make your guacamole, shred the Queso Fresco and heat your beans.

7. After meat has cooked for 30-45 minutes, strain the majority of the juice out of the pan, then spread the Queso Fresco all over the meat, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the cheese is melted.

8. You should be able to handle the rest.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.