Dr. Phil and Rogan

• CaptainMusky

You must be taking full advantage of the legal weed. I just want to know where you’re getting it from because I’d love to take a break from reality like you.

Nope never touched the stuff. Its well documented. He reversed everything Trump had in place with a stroke of a pen, he can just as easily for him to reinstate it. Pull your head out of the sand. Its a wonderful day out today and making ice.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Captain Musky is correct. He could simply reinstate the executive order Trump had in place. Or tailor one to his liking.

-J.

JEREMY
    BP

According to them Trump was the worst president ever sure as hell would never reinstate anything he did even if its the right thing to do.

picklerick
    Central WI

Those are house republicans every time the border bill they asked for comes to the house. That’s what happens when the problem is more important to them than the solution.
    [/quote]

Actually, this is the bill they passed. DOA in the Senate. Who’s the majority there? I wonder what is so unreasonable to them about these requirements?

Secure the Border Act of 2023

This bill addresses issues regarding immigration and border security, including by imposing limits to asylum eligibility.

For example, the bill

requires the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to resume activities to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border;
    provides statutory authorization for Operation Stonegarden, which provides grants to law enforcement agencies for certain border security operations;
    prohibits DHS from processing the entry of non-U.S. nationals (aliens under federal law) arriving between ports of entry;
    limits asylum eligibility to non-U.S. nationals who arrive in the United States at a port of entry;
    authorizes the removal of a non-U.S. national to a country other than that individual’s country of nationality or last lawful habitual residence, whereas currently this type of removal may only be to a country that has an agreement with the United States for such removal;
    expands the types of crimes that may make an individual ineligible for asylum, such as a conviction for driving while intoxicated causing another person’s serious bodily injury or death;
    authorizes DHS to suspend the introduction of certain non-U.S. nationals at an international border if DHS determines that the suspension is necessary to achieve operational control of that border;
    prohibits states from imposing licensing requirements on immigration detention facilities used to detain minors;
    authorizes immigration officers to permit an unaccompanied alien child to withdraw their application for admission into the United States even if the child is unable to make an independent decision to withdraw the application;
    imposes additional penalties for overstaying a visa; and
    requires DHS to create an electronic employment eligibility confirmation system modeled after the E-Verify system and requires all employers to use the system.

OG Net_Man

Those are house republicans every time the border bill they asked for comes to the house. That’s what happens when the problem is more important to them than the solution.

Actually, this is the bill they passed. DOA in the Senate. Who’s the majority there? I wonder what is so unreasonable to them about these requirements?

Secure the Border Act of 2023

This bill addresses issues regarding immigration and border security, including by imposing limits to asylum eligibility.

For example, the bill

requires the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to resume activities to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border;
    provides statutory authorization for Operation Stonegarden, which provides grants to law enforcement agencies for certain border security operations;
    prohibits DHS from processing the entry of non-U.S. nationals (aliens under federal law) arriving between ports of entry;
    limits asylum eligibility to non-U.S. nationals who arrive in the United States at a port of entry;
    authorizes the removal of a non-U.S. national to a country other than that individual’s country of nationality or last lawful habitual residence, whereas currently this type of removal may only be to a country that has an agreement with the United States for such removal;
    expands the types of crimes that may make an individual ineligible for asylum, such as a conviction for driving while intoxicated causing another person’s serious bodily injury or death;
    authorizes DHS to suspend the introduction of certain non-U.S. nationals at an international border if DHS determines that the suspension is necessary to achieve operational control of that border;
    prohibits states from imposing licensing requirements on immigration detention facilities used to detain minors;
    authorizes immigration officers to permit an unaccompanied alien child to withdraw their application for admission into the United States even if the child is unable to make an independent decision to withdraw the application;
    imposes additional penalties for overstaying a visa; and
    requires DHS to create an electronic employment eligibility confirmation system modeled after the E-Verify system and requires all employers to use the system.
    [/quote]

Maybe they disagree with the portion of the bill that you did not attach. Maybe they disagree with the portion that addresses the allowed volume to still cross. I can only guess.

picklerick
    Central WI

Possibly. My point was they did pass a bill. The House writes and passes it, then the Senate reviews, modifies, passes it back to the House, and if it’s passed again, is sent to the President to sign or not. That’s how it’s supposed to work. Top down writing of laws is how a monarchy works and seems to happen on both sides far too often.

Biden used EO’s to eliminate Trump’s border policies and he can reverse those EO’s just as easily. I’d rather see a good bill passed, and without unrelated expenses attached to it, but for him to say it’s the House Republican’s fault the border is a mess is a lie.

I particularly liked the part where anyone caught crossing between ports of legal entry are disqualified from requesting asylum, and I think deportation should be immediate and all future requests to enter the US should be denied.

Umy
    South Metro

You make some valid points Picklerick.
    What else is/was at stake was billions more dollars to fund the Ukraine and to a lesser extent Israel wars. There is money being made off of this – sad but true. It also allowed more than 5,000 illegals per day at the entry points, same process we are seeing now. Listen to to Rogan/Phil podcast and several others. This was another example of “see, we want to do the right thing, show the American people the bill parts “out of context” and blame republicans for saying no.
    Watch the news coverage of Biden at the border tonite then flip to FOX and watch the same “visit” at a REAL HOT SPOT. I am very curious to see what this looks like myself.
    Illegals are told to seek out the men in GREEN as they will be processed and sent to the US ( UJS border patrol) the men in BROWN ( TEXAS patrol) will catch you and send you back.
    Unfortunately no one is telling the full truth. Both sides included. The sad reality is that the current administration OWNS the media. If we had a non-biased media we would be looking at a RADICALLY different situation here in AMERICA right now.
    ONE bright spot is the govt. media is being forced to cover the unconscionable murder of the student in Georgia by an illegal and all of the tracings back to New York as well. This is happening way more often than we are being told about.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

He reversed everything Trump had in place with a stroke of a pen, he can just as easily for him to reinstate it. Pull your head out of the sand. Its a w

And you don’t see the problem with that?? First of all, the president isn’t supposed to have the authority to use federal funds anyway he wants to. Second of all, the fact that it can be so easily done and then undone is a big part of the problem. By passing an actual birder bill, Biden or any other president would need congress to undo what’s outlined in a border bill.

Then there’s the simple fact that it’s Trump’s policies that are largely responsible for the crisis. From making it harder to seek asylum through legal means to cutting aid to the very Central American countries that these people are coming from. He’s turned immigration into a massive black market business much like the war on drugs. The harder it is to cross, the more lucrative it is.

CaptainMusky

Then there’s the simple fact that it’s Trump’s policies that are largely responsible for the crisis.

Tell me you are lost without saying it in actual words. The border was mostly secure under Trump, sure some got in, but the vast majority were sent back. Not at all like the 10’s of millions that have flooded in since Biden reversed everything.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Maybe lookup the migrant encounters by year and see exactly when that took off. I’ll wait.

picklerick
    Central WI

I’d say regardless of the number of encounters by year, this administration has released a record number into the US. That’s like getting caught stealing and them giving you a key to the cash register while you wait for your court date.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s more like treating the symptoms and not the disease. If you can’t fix what caused it, how can you expect it to get better? Or maybe you don’t really want it to end…

CaptainMusky

It’s more like treating the symptoms and not the disease. If you can’t fix what caused it, how can you expect it to get better? Or maybe you don’t really want it to end…

It never would have been like it is right now without Biden doing what he did. What is so hard for you to understand? Giving each of them $10k debit cards, free room and board is incentive for them to all come here. Get rid of all that and have the threat of getting sent wherever they came from will and DID deter them. Simple as that.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

And you don’t see the problem with that?

Hold on here Gill, you started by implying CM was high when he said the border could be done by EO. Now 2 posts by you later, you acknowledge it can be done by EO, and just that it shouldn’t be. Well governing by EO is a significant issue, but that is separate from what is being discussed here. Apparently mentioning Trump and Rogan in one thread has triggered you beyond reasonable logic. Go back, reread your posts here, see how you contradict yourself in 3 posts, and then decide whether you want to pivot or just quit.

BTW here’s the border encounters stats, highest under Trump was 859k, since Biden’s been in office it’s gone up to 1.6M and 2.2M. Not sure where you’re trying to go there bud.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/329256/alien-apprehensions-registered-by-the-us-border-patrol/

CaptainMusky

Maybe lookup the migrant encounters by year and see exactly when that took off. I’ll wait.

Ive already done that. Maybe you SHOULD.

picklerick
    Central WI

We don’t need to fix the cause of people wanting to come here illegally. We need to prevent them from getting in. I don’t blame them, but “my country sucks” isn’t a reason to claim asylum. Never mind that international law states they should request asylum in the first nation they can safely do so.

CaptainMusky

Never mind that international law states they should request asylum in the first nation they can safely do so.

That is what so dang many people either dont know or completely ignore.

picklerick
    Central WI

Another thing I don’t blame them for. If I were fleeing Indiana (no offense), I’d skip through IL (offense intended devil ) and stop in WI or MN.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

BTW here’s the border encounters stats, highest under Trump was 859k, since Biden’s been in office it’s gone up to 1.6M and 2.2M. Not sure where you’re trying to go there bud.

I know that charts are hard but if you look, with exception of the Title 42 rule for covid in 2020, every year under trump the numbers increased. Of course you failed to mention that encounters more than doubled from 2018 to 2019. Border policies hard at work I guess.

I’m not contridicing myself, you’re grandstanding. The president is not supposed to have many of the powers that Trump tried to enforce and it seems many of you agree with that. Where’s the contridiction there?

CaptainMusky

Border encounters are one thing, getting sent back is quite another. VERY few are getting sent back right now and we have NO idea who they even are. Many of them have already committed felony level crimes yet just get turnstyled out.

Umy
    South Metro

Encounters are one thing -FREE and PAID asylum by us just ENCOURAGES it.
    No free hotels, meals, debit cards, insurance or other “amenities” under Trump.
    There was no “border problem/crisis while he ( or even his predecessors) were in office.
    This is WIDE OPEN – UNFETTERED access by anyone and EVERYONE.
    No one is vetted, you have 7-10 YEARS before your court date?!?!?! They are being housed in schools ( pushing kids out, hotels who are making a killing off of their local state govts. for the guaranteed full occupancy, pushing vets aside, committing countess crimes.
    Maybe it will be become clear when the first terrorist attack hits us. It will
    What is the purpose? Their countries suck? Sure they do. But how is it OUR responsibility to take care of everything? Humanity- sure. The question stands – why us?
    I would rather see us take over their country and run it than give more money to dictators and despots who will never stop trying to harm us.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I know that charts are hard but if you look, with exception of the Title 42 rule for covid in 2020, every year under trump the numbers increased. Of course you failed to mention that encounters more than doubled from 2018 to 2019.

Here’s the numbers before, during and after Trumps term, as apparently charts are hard..for you: 2013 420k, 2014 486k, 2015 335k, 2016 415k, then Trump takes office 2017 310k, 2018 404k, 2019 859k, 2020 405k. Biden took office in 2021 immediately reversed Trumps EO’s and the numbers jumped to 1.6M in 2021 and 2.2M in 2022. If you took out the outlier year in 2019, Trump’s average would be less than before or after his term, but go on with your bad self. Just out of curiosity have you found the pangolin or bat that started Covid? Or are you accepting the lab leak theory as most likely now?

CaptainMusky

Just out of curiosity have you found the pangolin or bat that started Covid? Or are you accepting the lab leak theory as most likely now?

I would LOVE to see his response to this!

picklerick
    Central WI

I’m not contridicing myself, you’re grandstanding. The president is not supposed to have many of the powers that Trump tried to enforce and it seems many of you agree with that. Where’s the contridiction there?
    [/quote]

Yet on his first day, Biden used another EO to reverse it. That’s weird considering he had the House and Senate majority and a law could have been passed. That seems intentional to me. Scored a lot of points with the far left. You know, the ones that this doesn’t impact at all. They’ll still have their gated communities and the ruling class will still have 24/7 security.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Here’s the numbers before, during and after Trumps term, as apparently charts are hard..for you: 2013 420k, 2014 486k, 2015 335k, 2016 415k, then Trump takes office 2017 310k, 2018 404k, 2019 859k, 2020 405k. Biden took office in 2021 immediately reversed Trumps EO’s and the numbers jumped to 1.6M in 2021 and 2.2M in 2022. If you took out the outlier year in 2019, Trump’s average would be less than before or after his term, but go on with your bad self. Just out of curiosity have you found the pangolin or bat that started Covid? Or are you accepting the lab leak theory as most likely now?

Kind of proves my point that trump is largely to blame for the border crisis. It began going exponential DURING his term. Biden hasn’t helped.

Regarding covid. Maybe go back and read my posts. You clearly do not recall what I had said about it’s origin.

CaptainMusky

LOL. Maybe open and read the chart that werm posted. Encounters are aprehensions and expulsions.

No they are not. Keep telling yourself that a border encounter is NOT an expulsion…. In FY2021, 63% of encounters resulted in expulsions. Encounters increased further in FY2022, to a new record of 2.2 million; 48% of these resulted in expulsions. 10 In the first six months of FY2023, there were nearly 1.1 million encounters, with 40% resulting in expulsions and 60% in removal proceedings

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Kind of proves my point that trump is largely to blame for the border crisis. It began going exponential DURING his term. Biden hasn’t helped.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol Yes if you ignore the EO’s and actions taken by all involved parties, along with the actual numbers. Totally (dis)proves it bud!!! Can’t really argue with derangement I guess…

CaptainMusky

Trump largely to blame? Laughable. The numbers for the 5 or 6 years before he took office were about the same as they were during HIS tenure except that one outlier. You got all your talking points down. Good for you. Have you asked your President what his favorite flavor of ice cream was? Where he is going to spend his next vacation or even what year it is lately?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Yes if you ignore the EO’s and actions taken by all involved parties, along with the actual numbers. Totally (dis)proves it bud!!! Can’t really argue with derangement I guess…

If you’re going to ignore when it started then how can you have a good faith conversation? Or are you just here looking for the gotcha moment?

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Dr. Phil and Rogan’ is closed to new replies.