Does James Holst feel cold?

• FishBum
    Saint Michael, MN - Grand Forks, ND

Anyone else ever notice in all the IDO shows, James only ever wears the infamous IDO hoodie. Never sporting a jacket no matter how cold it is.
    Is James Holst human?
    Is he built like a polar bear?

scmelik
    South Dakota

ive always wondered the same thing. Either he wears ALOT of clothes under that hoodie or he just never gets cold. I wish I was that way because I hate wearing my coat.

castle-rock-clown

What are you guys talking about, he’s only out there a half an hour once a week. jester

scmelik
    South Dakota

What are you guys talking about, he’s only out there a half an hour once a week. jester

good point. The rest of the time is in a piping hot office sitting behind a computer superimposing himself into videos he found on youtube.

hamms
    Mn

Layers!! I rarely wear a jacket at work working outside all winter most winters to restricting. Layers of good non cotton clothes! Still I don’t think James is human . He’s a manimal!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quality gear makes a big difference.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

He’s so skinny he doesn’t cast a shadow.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Never see him just sitting on a bucket–he’s always moving.

Layers and I bet he changes those layers once in a while…unlike some I know. Nothing worse than cold and stinky.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That nut has a fire burning in him to bring the best show to tv each week.

Cold? PFFTT…he doesn’t have time to get cold.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Anyone else ever notice in all the IDO shows, James only ever wears the infamous IDO hoodie. Never sporting a jacket no matter how cold it is.
    Is James Holst human?

While it would be fun to claim some superhuman tolerance to cold any attempt to do so would be nonsense.

I would say I have an above average tolerance to cold with my hands and feet while my core is probably about average. I have found a layering system that works very well for me that includes the hoodie.

I wear a very thin, breathable base layer, a polar weight insulating layer on top of that and the hoodie. When it is windy I add in a windstopper layer. This system works very well for me and allows me to ditch the coat which gives me crazy back aches.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It only took a couple minutes to see James really is Human and warm blooded

Hopefully @jamesholst gets a laugh out of this laugh Few glitches, but hey, for a quick chuckle….BTW – Title slides didn’t populate – “James’ alternative method for warming up” & “A smile that just warms your heart”

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

It only took a couple minutes to see James really is Human and warm blooded

Hopefully @jamesholst gets a laugh out of this laugh Few glitches, but hey, for a quick chuckle….BTW – Title slides didn’t populate – “James’ alternative method for warming up” & “A smile that just warms your heart”

Still chuckling….Good stuff Randall.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What a wuss! J/K.

I watched last season with tongue in cheek. I know the boys drank some beer though! whistling

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

What a wuss! J/K.

I watched last season with tongue in cheek. I know the boys drank some beer though! whistling

As god is my witness I haven’t had a beer on the ice or in the boat while fishing in…so long I can’t even remember the last time. I don’t enjoy mixing fishing and drinking at all. Once I get out of the boat or off the ice that’s a different story. toast

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

OK… Randy, That video was very entertaining!

James isn’t a machine…. he is human.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

OK… Randy, That video was very entertaining!

James isn’t a machine…. he is human.

Took about 10 minutes to find those. I can only imagine what Ben has stashed away…. whistling

hamms
    Mn

Come on Ben out with it!!!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>
    What a wuss! J/K.

I watched last season with tongue in cheek. I know the boys drank some beer though!  :whistling:

As god is my witness I haven’t had a beer on the ice or in the boat while fishing in…so long I can’t even remember the last time. I don’t enjoy mixing fishing and drinking at all. Once I get out of the boat or off the ice that’s a different story. toast

That’s actually what I meant. I’m the same way.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.