Do you lock your boat trailer in the lot?

• acarroline

Durasafe makes some interesting products.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have the same hitch and removed the 5/16ths pin and use a master lock in it.

I do the same

Deuces

I find it humorous I most likely live and fish in the worst neighborhoods compared to most here and I don’t lock anything up and never had a problem.

Where the he!! y’all be fishing!? hah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

find it humorous I most likely live and fish in the worst neighborhoods compared to most here and I don’t lock anything up and never had a problem.

Neither have I. But the thought of it happening just really freaks me out. The idea of coming back to the access and my entire trailer is missing would create a massive headache and inconvenience of epic proportions. So $60 worth of locks that makes me feel better and makes a thief think twice is worth it.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I’m so over the top, I lock it in the garage and hide the key!!! So needless to say, I lock my trailer everywhere.

Mark

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I just park illegally so they put a boot on it. Voila!

fishdale

I used to lock the hitch but lock stopped working and I needed to cut it off this spring. took about 7 seconds with a sawzall. Have not got a locking one again but probably will to keep the honest thieves away and people that just want to screw with your trailer. Have not locked trailer for years but probably a good idea also.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I find it humorous I most likely live and fish in the worst neighborhoods compared to most here and I don’t lock anything up and never had a problem.

Me too. Ranger parked in the alley at all times. Lund before that. Never been messed with.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Me too. Ranger parked in the alley at all times. Lund before that. Never been messed with.

I lived right next to Frogtown (Lexington and Minnehaha) in St Paul when I had my boat and never locked anything up and never had a problem. But I did have a problem when I got a flat tire and the spare had a lock on it, from the previous owner, that had rusted shut. rotflol

matt

I allways lock the receiver and trailer.Either way today someone swiped the 1 foot exstention I had so my trailer light wires reach my truck plug in.Of course I didnt realize it until I got home.Means I drove 75 miles with no trailer lights and the trailer end dragging down the road,ugh.

Adam Steffes

I thought of this thread yesterday when loading up the boat…reminded me to check all the connections when I got in the truck to load the boat back up…no issue this time thankfully.

matt

Yeah I should have checked them out.I am so used to leaving when it is dark out I would have surely noticed the lights not working had that been the case.Didnt think I had to worry about my 5$ wires being ripped off also.I will hardwire it longer when I replace the plug end then no more extension needed,nothing left to steal.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Either way today someone swiped the 1 foot exstention

People are such diks. Was gonna give my BIL an extra adapter I have, but now this makes me think I should just keep it in my truck for a backup.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.